On 24 February 2022 the second HACKATHON of the ‘Make Horticulture Knowledge Work Project’ takes places. The theme is Entrepreneuring in Sustainable Agribusiness. (Study) background in business is not required.
Do you want to learn more about starting your own sustainable agribusiness or do you already have an idea for an agribusiness?
A sustainable business takes good care of the environment, of the community and is also profitable. To start up a sustainable business, it is important to define your idea and discover whether it is suitable for the local agricultural sector. We will inspire you about the process from business idea to business model for your local agriculture sector. We will also exchange ideas and experiences from the agricultural sector.
The hackathon is an interactive event of one day (09:00-21:00) bringing together students (university and Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET)) from Iraq, Jordan and the Netherlands, who are interested in entrepreneuring in the agricultural sector. During the day, you can get to know each other and learn from each other’s (study)background and ideas. There are cultural and geographical differences that can inspire you for your own business idea.
Sign up before February 3, 2022, with your e-mail address and name of your study degree. Have you participated in the first hackathon on October 28, 2021? Please write this in the e-mail too.
Conditions for signing up:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit (or interest)
- You are interested in sustainability
- You are willing to work in a team
- You are in your final stage of your degree (you have experience with group work and have started to think about your future in the agricultural sector)
- Your age is between 18 and 30 years
- You have a study background in agriculture, water management, or another related study background
Please note: (study) background in business is not required
- Think about an idea that you would like to grow into a sustainable business in the future