The Faculty of Agriculture was established by a Royal Decree on October 2, 1985. Study began at the Faculty in 1989/1990 with 71 students, to grow into over 1100 students in the academic year 2006/2007, including 100 graduate students. The Faculty began with only nine faculty members upon its establishment. Now, the number has increased into 57 faculty members in four academic departments.
The Faculty of Agriculture comprises four academic departments:
1. Department of Plant Production, which offers programs leading to B.Sc. in Plant Production and M.Sc. in Agronomy, Horticulture, or Plant Protection.
2. Department of Animal Production, which offers programs leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Animal Production.
3. Department of Nutrition and Food Technology, which offers programs leading to B.Sc. in Nutrition and Food Technology and M.Sc.degrees in Nutrition or Food Technology.
4. Department of Natural Resources and the Environment, which offers programs leading to B.Sc. in Range Management and Forestry or Soil, Water, and the Environment and M.Sc. degree in Soil, Water, and the Environment.