Courses equivalency for students who are admitted in the university and took courses in another university
1- After getting the university ID number, completing admission procedures, and opening a file for the student in the Admission and Registration Unit, the student directs to the faculty in which he admitted for courses equivalency for the courses in another university and should have the following documents:
- A certified transcript issued by the previous university for the courses studied there that should be submitted to the faculty before starting the equivalency procedure.
- A description for the courses studied to be submitted to the faculty to start the equivalency procedure.
- A document proves that the university from which the student comes is recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Jordan for universities that are not previously nominated, or a document proves that the university is recognized by the student’s country. The document should be submitted to the faculty registrar.
- For the dean of the faculty to form an equivalency committee, the following conditions should be met:
a. The credit hours for the courses taken in another university and passed with a grade of (60%) or over should be equal to or more than those in the recent university (JUST)
b. The content of the courses should be similar
c. The courses were taken before less than SEVEN years
d. The student should apply and complete the procedures for courses equivalency during the semester in which s/he is admitted for the university or the new major.
2- The maximum credit hours to be considered from outside the university are:
- (60) Credit hours in the following faculties: Medical Applied Sciences, Nursing, Agriculture, Science and Art, Computer Science, Information Technology.
- (75) Credit hours in the following faculties: Engineering, Architecture and Designing, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Computer Engineering Department.
- One semester for every (15) credit hours is considered as part of the maximum studying period.
3- Credit hours for students admitted in the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Dentistry
In addition to what has been mentioned in item (2) the student should match the following conditions:
- Attendance in the university from which the student comes should be regular, and the student should submit a document that proves attendance for at least (80%) of the total semester.
- To move to the second year or higher, the student’s grades should be (68) or higher, or GOOD in all the courses that were studied.
- For a student to move to the fourth year of Doctor of Medicine and the third year in Dentistry, s/he (should have studied 3 successive years
Please read Student’s Guidebook for more details and instruction