The Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences (FAMS) at Jordan University of Science and Technology has about 74 faculty members of academic staff, and 9 adjunct faculty, who graduated from top-leading universities world-wide in 9 different health specialties (Medical Laboratory Sciences, Optometry, Radiologic Technology, Paramedics, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Audiology and Speech Pathology, Dental Technology, and Dental Hygiene).
FAMS is currently enrolling 82 MSc students in the graduate program of medical laboratory sciences. This program contains four disciplines: Clinical Microbiology and immunology and Serology, Clinical Biochemistry, Diagnostic Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, and Hematology and Blood Banking.
The faculty has more than 20 well-equipped laboratories that can be used dualistically in teaching and research. In addition to the faculty research laboratories, almost all of our faculty members have either collaborations or adjunct positions with different health and research centers inside or outside the university; these research centers/places are:
- King Abdullah University hospital http://www.kauh.jo/#
- Princess Haya biotechnology center http://www.just.edu.jo/Centers/PrincessHayaBiotechnologyCenter/Pages/default.aspx
- Pharmaceutical research center http://www.just.edu.jo/Centers/PharmaceuticalResearchCenter/Pages/default.aspx
- Center for excellence and innovative projects http://www.just.edu.jo/Centers/ceip/Pages/default.aspx
- Health center/Irbid city http://www.just.edu.jo/Centers/HealthCenter/Pages/default.aspx
- King Husein center for cancer http://www.kinghusseinfoundation.org/
7. National Center for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Genetics http://www.ncd.org.jo/
- Nanotechnology center http://www.just.edu.jo/Centers/nano/Pages/default.aspx
- Dental Teaching center http://www.just.edu.jo/Centers/DentalTeachingCenter/Pages/default.aspx
- Queen Rania Al-Abdullah Center For Environmental Science & Technology Jordan University of Science and Technology
- Princess Rahma teaching Hospital
- Princess Basma teaching Hospital
- Centeral Laboratory- North Jordan
FAMS provides both faculty members and students with a dynamic and a motivated environment to perform unique and multidisciplinary research ideas in allied health sciences. One important intention of the ongoing research by FAMS researchers is to identify and solve the current health problems in our community, which are in line with the health research priorities in other communities over all the world.
On the other side, the research being conducted in FAMS provides students with many opportunities to participate in research projects with the faculty members, which in-turn prepares our students, especially graduate students, for future research challenges in a modern multidisciplinary approach, and provides them with a solid stepping-stone to pursue advanced graduate degrees (i.e., MSc and PhD) in their respective fields.