- Enhance the student's ability to develop successful health programs and effective health policies and plans.
- Prepare health care professionals who have the knowledge and practical skills needed to improve the quality of services provided by healthcare institutions.
- Develop the student's ability to face obstacles and solve problems related to health managerial issues.
- Provide students with scientific knowledge and skills required for conducting research (quantitative and qualitative) in the field of healthcare.
- Enhance the student's knowledge in relation to public health tracks, including health education, environmental health, occupational health, epidemiology....., etc.
- Provide students with the basic concepts in health economics and financial management
The department of health management and policy qualifies graduates to work in the following areas:
1. Various departments in hospitals and health centers, such as:
A. Department of quality management.
B. Department of human resource management.
C. Department of medical records and classification of diseases.
2. Health informatics sector.
3. The health insurance sector.
4. Specialized medical centers such as King Hussein Cancer Center.
5. International institutions such as WHO, USAID, and UN.
6. Teaching in public and private universities and community colleges.