BDS, MFDSRCS(England), MFDSRCPS(Glasg), MFDSRCS Ed, MFGDP(UK), PhD(UK), FIADFE, FICD, FADI, FPFA, FICCDE, FACD, Associate of RACDS
Professor Ziad N. Al-Dwairi works as a Professor of Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry at Jordan University of Science and Technology. He holds a PhD in Prosthodontics, Queens University/Belfast, UK in 2001, Fellowship of The International Academy of Dento Facial Esthetics (FIADFE) in 2012 and Fellowship of the International College of Dentists FICD/2015, Fellowship of The Academy of Dentistry International/2016(FADI), Membership of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (MFDSRCPS-Glasg)/2017 and Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MFDSRCS-Ed)/2017, Membership of Royal College of Surgeons of England (MFDSRCS Eng) and membership of Faculty of General Dental Practice; FGDP(UK)/2017., Fellowship of the Pierre Fauchard Academy FPFA/2018 and Fellowship of International College Continuing Dental Education (FICCDE/2018), Fellowship of American College of Dentists (FACD/2019) and Associate of Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in November 2019( Associate of RACDS)
Currently holds the following positions:
- Visiting Professor of Prosthodontics at City of London Dental School, (UK).
- Editorial review board member of Journal of Prosthodontics/ American College of Prosthodontics
- Editorial Board/Journal of Dentistry
- Board member of The International Research Ethics Committee
- President of Jordanian Section of International Association for Dental Research.
- Vice President of the Restorative Dentistry Committee/ Jordan Medical Council
- Examiner for Part 2(MFDSRCSI) of the Royal college of Surgeons of Ireland,
- Examiner for Parts 1 and 2(MFDS) of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Member of the advisory team of Dooox (https://www.dooox.de/Advisory-Team).
- Jordan's Representative at OSAP( Organization for Safety and Asepsis Procedures).
- Associate Editor,, Clinical oral healthcare research, BMC oral health Journal
- Member of the International Advisory board for Edorium Journals
- Dentistry Board Member" of Global Outreach Medical & Health Association
- Member of Academy of Dental Materials
He worked as Vice Dean and Director of Dental Teaching Clinics at Faculty of Dentistry/ Jordan University of Science and technology, Vice President of the Restorative Dentistry Committee/ Jordan Medical Council and Member of the National Committee for contentious medical education/Jordan Medical Council. He is a former member of University Council/Jordan University of Science and Technology and worked as Chairman of the Prosthodontics Department, Faculty of Dentistry/Jordan University of Science and Technology and a Former Assistant Dean / Faculty of Dentistry/ Jordan University of Science and Technology. He also worked as Head of Faculty Research Committee/Faculty of Dentistry/Jordan University of Science and Technology and Head of Research Committee/ Department of Prosthodontics/ Faculty of Dentistry/Jordan University of Science and Technology
He holds several International prizes and honors as follows:
1. The senior prize The Elida Gibbs Travel Award2000 from the Irish Division of International Association for Dental Research (IADR)
2. The Procter and Gamble Research award 2000. Oral and Dental Research Trust, London
3. (BSSPD research Prize 2001). British Society for the study of Prosthetic Dentistry First Research Prize
4. Certificate of recognition from IADR and AADR 2002, Get a member Campaign
5. Member of the Advisory Group For Dental Ethics Manual, FDI
6. Executive Committee of African and Middle East Federation of IADR
7. The first research prize in Prosthodontics from Society of Arab Dental Faculties (SARDF) 2010
8. Award of Excellence in Prosthodontics from Global Outreach Medical and Health Association/2020
He is currently involved in teaching undergraduate and graduate students in all field of Prosthodontics in addition to involvement in advanced programs for MFDS Trainees, High specialty trainees and advanced clinical trainees in Prosthodontics
He supervised several MSc students as a main and a co advisor and as an examiner for 29 theses in all disciplines of Prosthodontics with more than 50 publications in high impact international journals. In addition, he works as a reviewer for 47 International Peer reviewed Journals and on editorial board of 70International Journals. He attended more than 39 local and international conferences and more than 30workshops in disciplines of Implant dentistry, Prosthodontics, Cone Beam CT, Dental education, Quality assurance and health informatics.
He was a Member of the International advisory group formed by FDI for publishing the Dental Ethics Manual and carried out its translation into Arabic Language to be available to all Arabic natives.
- Digital prosthodontics
- Esthetic Dentistry
- Implant prosthodontics
- Restoration of Endodontically treated teeth
- Periodontics-Restorative Dentistry Interface
- Properties of Dental materials and their clinical applications in Prosthodontics
- Legal Aspects of dental practice
Statement: I certify that all the information in this curriculum vita is true and current.
Signature: Professor Ziad N AL-Dwairi
Date: January 2020