Jordan University of Science and
Technology†††† Department of Electrical
Course Name : Electromagnetics I ( EE 207)
Prof. Mohammed S. Al Salameh
Text Book : M. Sadiku, "Elements of Electromagnetics," Oxford Univ. Press
1. Review of necessary mathematical concepts: Gradient, Line integral, Divergence, Curl, Divergence theorem, and Stokesí theorem.
2. The Static electric field, Coulombís law, Electric flux density, Gaussís law, Electrostatic energy, Capacitance calculations, and Resistance calculations
4. Solutions of Poissonís and Laplaceís equations
5. Static magnetic fields, Biot Savartís law, Ampereís law, and Inductance calculations
law and applications
First Midterm Exam 25%
Second Midterm Exam 25%
Homeworks, Quizzes, Projects, Öetc. 10%
Final Exam 40%
a topic from the contents above, prepare computer programs or do an experiment to
obtain results and verify the concept, submit one page report summarizing the
main idea, results, and conclusions, in addition to appendix if necessary, and
finally present your findings within 5 minutes in the class.
1. M. Iskandar, "Electromagnetic fields and Waves," Prentice-Hall
2. C. Jonk, "Engineering Electromagnetic Fields and Waves," John-Wiley
3. K. Siwiak, "Radiowave Propagation and Antennas for Personal Communications," Artech House
4. A. Fuller, "Engineering Electromagnetism," John-Wiley.
5. S. Liao, "Engineering Applications of Electromagnetic Theory," St. Paul West Publishing Company
6. S. Marshall and G. Skitek, "Electromagnetic Concepts and Applications," Prentice-Hall
7. H. Chen, "Theory of Electromagnetic Waves: a Coordinate-Free Approach," McGraw-Hill
8. Donald E. Kerr, "Propagation of Short Radiowaves,"
9. L. Felsen, "Radiation and Scattering of Waves," IEEE Press.
10. J. C. Whitaker, "Radio Frequency Transmission Systems: Design and Operation," McGraw-Hill
11. J. Kraus, "Electromagnetics"
12. C. Paul and S. Nasar, "Introduction to Electromagnetic Fields," John-Wiley
13. Any book on basic electromagnetics available to you would be useful for this course.
Announcements and questions:
For announcements, information, and questions related to this course, see my websites: