Basheer Al-Duwairi, Ph.D.
Refereed Journal Publications
- Basheer Al-Duwairi, Zakaria Al-Qudah, and Manimaran Govindarasu,“A Novel
Scheme for Mitigating Botnet-Based DDoS Attacks”, Journal of Networks, Vol 8,
No. 2 (2013) pp (297-306).
- Zakaria Al-Qudah, Basheer Al-Duwairi, and Osama Al-Khaleel, “DDoS Protection
as a Service: Hiding Behind the Giants”, To appear in International Journal of
Computational Science and Engineering.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi, Ismail Khater, and Omar Al-Jarrah, “Detecting Image
Spam Using Texture Features”, International Journal for Information Security
Research (IJISR), Volume 2, Issues 3/4, September/December 2012, pp 344-353.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi, Mohammad Marei, Malek Ireksossi, and Belal Rehani,
“ConTest: A GUI-Based Tool toManage Internet-Scale Experiments over PlanetLab”,
In Proc. JETWI - Journal of Emerging Technologies in Web Intelligence. Vol 4,
No 2 (2012), 164-171.
2 of 7
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and Abdul-Raheem Mustafa, “Request diversion: a novel
mechanism to counter P2P-based DDoS attacks”, In Proc. Int. J. Internet
Protocol Technology. Vol. 5, Nos. 1/2, 2010. Pages: 55-64.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and G. Manimaran, “Novel Hybrid Schemes Employing
Packet Marking and Packet Logging for IP Traceback,”. In Proc. of IEEE
Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (IEEE TPDS), Volume 17 ,
Issue 5, May 2006, Pages: 403 - 418.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and G.Manimaran, “Distributed Packet Pairing for Reflector
Based DDoS Attack Mitigation,” In Proc. Of Computer Communications Journal.
Volume 29, Issue 12, 4 August 2006, Pages 2269-2280.
Refereed Conference Publications
- Omar Al-Jarrah, Ismail Khater, and Basheer Al-Duwairi, “Identifying Potentially
useful header features for email spam filtering”. In Proc. of the Sixth International
Conference on Digital Society (ICDS 2012), Valencia, Spain, Feb. 2012.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi, Ismail Khater, and Omar Al-Jarrah, “Texture Analysis
Based Image Spam Filtering”. In Proc. the 6th International Conference for
Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (ICITST-2011), Abu Dhabi, Dec.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and Lina Al-Ibbini, “BotDigger: Autonomous and Intelligent
Botnet Detector”. In Proc. of the 5th International Conference for Internet
Monitoring and Protection (ICIMP 2010), Barcelona, Spain.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and G. Manimaran, “JUST-Google: A search engine based
defense against botnet-based DDoS attacks,”. In Proc. IEEE ICC 2009, Dersden,
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and G.Manimaran, “Victim-AssistedMitigation Technique
for TCP-Based Reflector DDoS Attacks,” In Proc. of IFIP Networking May 2005,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and G.Manimaran, “Intentional Dropping: A Novel Scheme
for SYN flooding Mitigation,” In Proc. of 8th IEEE Global Internet Symposium/Infocom
March 2005, Miami, FL, USA.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and Tom E. Daniels, “Topology Based Packet Marking,”
In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications and
Networks (ICCCN 2004), Chicago, IL, USA.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and G. Manimaran, “A Novel Packet Marking Scheme
for IP Traceback,” In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Parallel and
Distributed Systems (ICPADS 2004), Newport Beach, California, USA.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi, A. Chakrabarti, and G. Manimaran, “An Efficient Packet
Marking Scheme for IP Traceback,” In Proc. of Networking 2004, Athens, Greece.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi and G. Manimaran, “Combined Scheduling of Hard and
Soft Real-Time Tasks in Multiprocessor Systems,” In Proc. of International
conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC 2003), Hyderabad, India.
- Basheer Al-Duwairi, Natheer Khasawneh, Hanaa Theiabat and Mohammad
Fraiwan, “A Prototype of a Centralized Smartphone Botnet for Private Information
Collection,” Secure Abu Dhabi (SAD 2013)