Residence instructions and regulation
1.The student has the option of renting single room, a double room or a private room with a bathroom. The designated rent for each type of room shall be paid at the times specified by the female students On –campus Housing Department.
2.The resident students should keep their rooms clean and neat. The Residence supervisors have the right to check the condition of the rooms. Unclean rooms may cause the students to be penalized.
3. The furniture installed in the rooms and lounges are considered to be within the students personal possession. Students are requested to keep the furniture in good condition. Should the furniture be misplaced by the student, she may be fined in case an item is damaged.
4. For safety reasons, electric appliances such as heaters, microwaves and irons are not allowed inside the rooms. These appliances are made available by the Housing Department and installed in common areas inside each building. In the event that an in-room appliance causes an accident or damage, the student will hold full responsibility for such an accident.
5. Food should be kept inside food-storing closets in the kitchen and not inside bedrooms.
6. Cleaning workers are in charge of daily cleaning the common areas such as corridors, common lounges and bathrooms. Students are requested to keep them clean and tidy.
7. Students are expected to cooperate regarding energy saving by turning the lights off when the room is not in use and making sure that water faucets are turned off after use.
8. Students are responsible for their own personal belongings such as ,money, jewelry and valuables. The Residence Administration will not be held responsible in case any of the students belongings is lost. The rooms should not be left open for any reason. It is recommended to keep valuable personal belongings in safe at the bank at the University.
9. Students are not allowed to walk around the corridors, wards and lounges in sleeping gowns. Students are also requested to be appropriately- dressed at day time. especially on the ground floor.
10. In order to maintain quiet and convenient setting for studying, students need to cooperate in the following matters;
a-keeping the residence as quiet s possible at ; all times and not to disturb other floor- mates with loud noises coming from the radio, the tape-recorder or TV.
b- Turning the lights off in bedrooms after midnight. If the student needs to pursue her study after midnight, she should use the studying rooms on each floor.
11. Students are not allowed to change or switch their rooms without a written consent by the supervisor.
12.Telephone sets are made available for the service of students at times of need. They should not be improperly used. Students are in charge of all their out- going phone calls .
13. Students should pay attention to the following :
a- Student should abide by the residence closure time specified by the Housing Department.
b- Students should be available in their room at the time specified by supervisor for daily check-up.
c- Any student who wishes to sleep over off campus at the weekend and at official holiday has to fill in permission form. Permission will be granted only for the names designated in the contract and signed by the students guardian.
d- The student has to remit all keys and items in her personal possession to the supervisor In-charge before she leaves the Residence at the end of each semester.
e- Students are requested to take all the books and odds and ends that belong to them at the end of each semester, as the Residence Administration empties all the rooms' contents for maintenance works and eliminates whatever is left behind.
14- any student who wishes to enroll in public University trips or special trip carried by the students faculty should make sure that the trip has been well coordinated between the trip moderator and the Residence Administration and obtain a written permission from the Residence Administration three days at the least prior to the trip.
15- Bedrooms are designated for resident students only. Non-resident students are not allowed inside these bedrooms.
16- Students can receive their guests and relatives at the Residence visiting lounges, at
the times specified by the Housing Department.
17- Sick students can visit the doctor at the University Clinic. At emergency cases at night, students should notify the supervisor in order to take necessary action.
18- for safety reasons,
- The residence is a smoke-free place. Smoking cigarettes and hookah is strictly forbidden inside the Residence. Students who are caught smoking will be penalized.
- kitchen utensils should not be left unclean whether in the kitchen or in the bedrooms. leaving utensils unclean may cause students to be penalized.
-No relatives or friends are allowed to sleep over at the Residence without the prior knowledge of the Residence Administration. The Administration should be informed to avoid any potential problems.
-The room is not a privilege property of any student. The Residence Administration has the right to change any room as it deems best.
- Every student is responsive to follow-up and abide by the Residence closure and opening times which will be announced at the beginning and end of every semester.
19- Violation of the regulations and instructions worked at the on –campus Residence may subject students to one of the following penalties;
- Warning (in three stages)
- Dismissal from the Residence
- payment of designated fines.
These penalties will be enclosed in the student's personal file and could deprive her from obtaining a certificate of good conduct a graduation.
The student's signature.
N.B. please read these instructions and regulations carefully before applying for a room in the on-campus Residence.