VISION: sustainability through continuous planning and development.
MISSION: To achieve perfect operation and maintenance services for building, utilities, and equipment, to maintain its desired performance during its lifetime.
Strategic objective: Creating a smart, green university environment that attracts leadership, excellence, and diversity, and supports cooperative human relations within the university.
Sub-goals for the years 2019-2023:
1- Rehabilitation and development of infrastructure
2- Optimum utilization of solar energy
This Unit is in charge of installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of the Universities mechanical and electrical installations and appliances. Its duties cover also:
- Heating systems including central heating plant
- Cooling & air conditioning systems
- Building management systems
- standby electrical generators , including 11 Kv \ 400v substations &11 Kv ring main units
- Medical waste incinerator
- Wastewater treatment plant
- Low & medium voltage electrical network
- Fire alarm & fire fighting systems
- Maintenance of buildings ( electrical, mechanical, and civil works )
- Sewage, water, irrigation & rainwater networks
- Environmental health and safety
- Students training
- Engineers training