VISION: sustainability through continuous planning and development.
MISSION : To achieve a perfect operation and maintenance services for building , utilities and equipments , so as to maintain it desired performance during it`s life time.
Strategic objective: Creating a smart, green university environment that attracts leadership, excellence and diversity, and supports cooperative human relations within the university.
Sub-goals for the years 2019-2023:
1- Rehabilitation and development of infrastructure
2- Optimum utilization of solar energy
This Unit is in charge of installation, operation, maintenance and repair of the Universities mechanical and electrical installations and appliances. Its duties cover also:
- Heating systems including central heating plant
- Cooling & air conditioning systems
- Building management systems
- Three standby electrical generators ( 3 * 2MVA, 11Kv ), including 11 Kv \ 400v substations &11 Kv ring main units
- Medical waste incinerator
- Lab. & medical equipments
- Wastewater treatment plant
- Low & medium voltage electrical network
- Fire alarm & fire fighting systems
- Maintenance of buildings ( electrical , mechanical , and civil works )
- Sewage, water, irrigation & rainwater networks
- Environmental health and safety