How to apply?
The students registered in formal education programs at higher education institutions may benefit from the program on the condition that their home institution and METU signed a bilateral Mevlana Exchange Protocole.
There is a specific unit at METU ICO which carries out all the Mevlana operations at METU. This unit is responsible for organizing application calls and facilitating incoming student exchange mobility when Higher Education council of Turkey announces the related dates. The application process is started by the incoming student application call that METU Mevlana unit opens by contacting the partner institutions. The partners nominate their selected candidates. Applications without official nominations will not be accepted. Prior to their applications, applicants must be officially nominated by their home universities. An official nomination by the applicant's home University should be sent by
After the official nomination, students are reported to HEC for scholarships. The allocation of scholarships are determined by HEC and reported to METU ICO.
The application documents for Mevlana Program is as follows;
Candidate Student Application Form*
Student Application Form through.
Student Declaration Form
English Proficiency Document
Transcript of Records
Copy of Passport / National ID Card
These documents will be provided by METU Mevlana unit to partner institutions during the application call.
Minimum study years for undergraduate students: Undergraduate nominees must have completed a minimum of 1 year at your institution before visiting METU.
MS/PhD Students: METU will accept graduate students for exchange only if:
They agree to take courses at our institution. Or,
They find a Research Supervisor at METU (by themselves) who is ready to accept to study with the student. In this case, the student should submit an acceptance letter from the agreed supervisor during the application period. Please note that it is not possible for ICO to assign academic supervisors to students who want to conduct research work at METU.
Medium of instruction at METU is English at all levels and programs. Please bear in mind that in order to be able to follow courses at METU, students are strongly recommended to have adequate level of English, meaning B1 level language competence according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or TOEFL (ibt) score of 79 or IELTS score of 6,5.
Application deadlines are provided in the call e-mails announced to the international offices of partner universities, according to the calendar determined by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
Scholarships for Incoming Mevlana Students
After the nominations, METU applies for scholarships to HEC on behalf of students. The scholarship status as well as the amounts are determined by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK). All incoming students, who visit METU within the framework of Mevlana program recieve 1000TL per month for maximum of 4 months. Students receive 80% of the total amount at the beginning of the semester; and remaining 20% upon the successful completion of the semester.