Prof. Ahmed Elbetieha was Appointed A Vice President of JUST
قرر مجلس أمناء جامعة العلوم والتكنولوجيا الأردنية تعيين الأستاذ الدكتور أحمد بطيحة نائباً لرئيس الجامعة اعتباراً من يوم الخميس الموافق 5-1-2012
Ph.D., Developmental and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, U.S.A (1988)
Dissertation title: “Use of a bioassay to characterize anterior cytoplasmic determinants in Chironomus samoensis eggs”
M.Sc., Biology, Loyola Marymount University, L.A. California, U.S.A (1981)
B.Sc., Zoology, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt (1977)
· Dean/Faculty of Science and Arts/JUST (2005-2009)
· Dean/ Faculty of Graduate Studies /JUST (2004-2005)
· Assistant president/ Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST) 2003-2004.
· Vice Dean / Faculty of Science at JUST (1998 to 2000).
· Head of the Department of Applied Biological Sciences at JUST (1996 to 1998).
· Full Professor, 14/12/2002.
· Associate Professor, Jordan University of Science and Technology (1997).
· Assistant Professor, Jordan University of Science and Technology (Fall, 1988).
· Sabbatical leave, Department of Biology, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar (2000-2002).
· Leave of Absence, Department of Biology/Qatar University, Doha, Qatar (2002-2003).
· Research Assistant, Department of Zoology, University of Texas at Austin (Spring, 1986).
· Teaching Assistant II, Department of Zoology, University of Texas at Austin, (Fall, 1984; Spring, 1985; Summer, 1985, 1987).
· First place award for outstanding poster, sixth annual Southwestern Developmental Biology Conference (1988),USA.
· International Award of AIDS Research Award, for the paper “Anti-implantation potential of some medicinal plants in female rats” (1996), USA.
· An Honorary Award (Al-Hassan medal) from His Highness Crown Prince Al-Hassan, the Regent for distinguished members in the program committee of the 45th International Field Emission Symposium held at JUST (Sept. 12 - 18, 1998)
· Third World Academy of Science (TWAS) 22/7/1996 ($4000)
· First place award In the Second Annual Scientific Day of The Faculty of Science and Arts for the research paper entitled " Effect of Low Frequency Electromagnetic Fields on fertility of Adult Male and Female Rats" (May, 1999)
(Zoo 23IK, Bio 30IK, 30 IL, 302, 303 UT, Austin, Texas
· Bio 211 (Comparative Anatomy of the Vertebrates)
· Bio 213 (Embryology)
· Bio 341 (Genetics)
· Bio 103 (General Biology)
· Bio 107 (General Biology Lab)
· Bio 212 (Comparative Anatomy of the Vertebrates)
· Bio 441 (Human Genetics and Reproduction)
· Bio 492 (Special Topics)
· Bio 205, 206 (General Biology Lab)
· Bio 102 (General Biology)
· Bio 411 (Developmental Biology)
· B 741 (Developmental Genetics), graduate stud.
· B. 102 (General Biology and its lab)
· Vertebrates classification
· Biodiversity (322108)
· Developmental Biology
· Animal Biotechnology
· Molecular Genetics
· Special Topics
· Ethics of Biotechnology
§ Member and head of the academic committee in the board of trustees/Middle East University for Graduate Studies/Jordan-Amman staring from 2006-now
§ Member in various departmental committees since 1988
§ Member in the University Council (1991 - 1992).
§ Member in the Faculty Council (1989 - 1990) & (1994 - 1995).
§ Member in various Faculty committees.
§ Member in the Biotechnology Committee at J.U.S.T.
§ Member in the committee of Master program in Biology at J.U.S.T.
§ Member in the program Committee of the 45th International Field Emission Symposium held at JUST (Sept. 12 - 18, 1998)
§ Member and Chairman of the organizing committee of the Second Annual Scientific Day of The Faculty of Science and Arts (May, 24 1999 at JUST)
§ Member and official representative of Jordan University of Science and Technology in the Jordan National Commission for Education, Culture And Science from 1999-2001
§ Member in the committee of establishing the Environmental Sciences Program in the Faculty of Science and Arts at JUST (1999)
§ Member in the committee of establishing the Biotechnology and Genetic engineering Program in the Faculty of Science and Arts at JUST
§ Member in the directing committee of JUST university club for the employees (1999).
§ Member in the Graduate Committee in the Department of Biology /Qatar University.
§ Head of the seminar committee in the Department of Biology/Qatar University
§ Member in the equipment and supply committee in the Department of Biology/Qatar University
§ Member in the committee of employees affairs at JUST from 2003-2005
§ Member in student registration and course study schedule at JUST from 2003 tell now
§ Head of the committee of teaching halls improvement at JUST from 2003-now.
§ Head of the committee of establishing a BSc program in forensic science in the faculty of science and arts at JUST (2007).
§ Member in the committee of hiring and promotion at JUST (2005-2009).
§ Member in the council of scientific research in the deanship of scientific research at JUST (2005-2009).
§ Member in the primary discipline council at JUST (2006-2008).
§ Head of the primary discipline council at JUST (2008-2009).
§ Member in the council of Civil Society Development Center at JUST (2007- now).
§ Member in the council of the Consultative Center for Science and Technology at JUST (2007-2008).
§ Head of the accreditation and Quality Assurance Committee at JUST.
§ Member in the saving box committee in JUST employees (2009).
§ Member in housing box committee in JUST (2009).
§ Member in the distinguished graduate students in Jordan Universities/ Scientific Research Support Fund from 2010 –now).
§ Member in the committee of research on humans (IRB) from 2009-20011, JUST.
§ Member in the central tender committee in JUST(2010).
§ Head of the housing committee saving box in JUST (2010-now).
o Member in the society for Developmental Biology.
o Member in the Jordan Association for Family Planning & Protection
1. Member in the editorial board of the Journal of Applied Biological Science (JABS). Nobel International Journals, Nobel Publishing, Turkey.
2. Member in the editorial board of the Research Journal of Biological Sciences. Medwell Journals, Scientific Research Publishing Company.
3. Member in the editorial board of Jordan Journal of Biological Science (Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Jordan.
1) Effect of various metals on sexual maturation, sex behavior, reproductive systems and fertility of male rats. 22/7/1996 TWAS ($ 4000).
2) Isolation and Characterization of Glutathione S- transferases cDNA Clones from Drosophila melanogaster eggs 14/2/1993, funded by J.U.S.T. and Yarmouk University (5,000 JD).
3) Animal Biotechnology, 23/4/1994, funded by J.U.S.T(3,000 JD).
4) Effect of Trivalent and Hexavalent Chromium Compounds on Reproduction and Fertility in mice, funded by JUST, 1995.
5) Antifertility and Teratogenic agents from Jordanian indigenous plants, funded by JUST, 1996.
6) Effects of stimulation and inhibition of nitric oxide on fertility of male and female rat (JUST) 1998 (7600 JD) No. 63/98.
7) Long-term exposure of male and female mice to electromagnetic fields: Effect on embryonic development and fertility (JUST) No. 18/97 1997 (3800JD)
8) The drug and chemicals sensitive to light Arab Company for Drug Industrial and Medical Appliances (ACDIMA), 1998 (22,500JD).
9) Genetic Determinants of antibiotic producing streptomycetes JUST (1998) (4600 JD)
10) Effect of abamectin and cypermethrin insecticides on fertility of adult male and female rats (Master thesis, JUST) ,funded by JUST (6500JD).
11) Coordinating the project of establishing the Biotechnology Center at JUST funded by the World Bank ( 600,000$) (1998-1999)
12) Vascular Anomalies in Adriamycin Animal Model (Master thesis) JUST, 1998 (2900 JD)
13) Renal Anomalies in Prenatally Adriamycin-Exposed Rat Fetuses (Master Thesis) 1999 (6100 JD), JUST
14) Effect of Various Ruta Graveolens L. (Faijin) Extracts on Fertility, Reproduction and Sexual Maturation of Male and Female Rats (Master Thesis) 1999, JUST (3000J) + 2000JD from the National Center for Agricultural research (Jordan)
15) Effect of Meswak on Fertility of Male and Female Rats. Funded by JUST 1999, (2600 JD).
16) Effects of Resin-Based Composites Used in Restorative Dentistry on Fertility of Male and Female Rats. Funded by JUST, 1999 (5500JD). Grant No. (2001/99).
17) Evaluation of the Reproductive and Fertility Toxic Potentials of Aluminum Chloride on Male and Female Rats (Master thesis). Funded by JUST. (3500JD), 2000, Grant No. 43/2000.
18) Evaluation of anti-fertility effects of various metals and pesticides in male mice. Funded by the Scientific and Applied Research Center (SARC) at Qatar University, 2001-2002 (194,000 Rial Qatari or 38,500 JD).
19) Genetic infertility in Jordanian adult males. Funded by Basis of JUST (Master Thesis). (3000JD)
20) Expression of P21 cyclin E and P53 in ovarian cancers form Jordanian pationts. Funded by JUST (Master Thesis). Ongoing, (3000JD)
21) Expression of Cyclin E, P21 and P53 in Jordanian patients with breast cancer. Funded by JUST (Master Thesis). Ongoing, (3000JD)
22) Use of Y-STR markers in forensic analysis and paternity testing. Funded by JUST (Master Student). (3500JD)
23) Effects of long and short term exposure to cadmium chloride on fertility and renal system in adult male mice. Funded by JUST (Master Student) (1850 JD).
24) Effects of extremely low frequency electromagnetic field (ELF-EMF) and electric current on breast cancer cells with 7,12-dimethyle(a) anthracene (DMBA) in sprgue-dawley rats (Master Student) (6300JD).
1) Participating in a workshop entitled "Technology of Education and Evaluation” held at J.U.S.T. for a period of two weeks in 1991.
2) Attending workshop entitled “The Azraq Oasis Conservation Project” held at Jordan University in December 23, 1996.
3) Participating in a workshop entitled “Medicinal Plants in Jordan” held at Higher Council of Science and Technology (1997).
4) Lecturer in a workshop entitled “Protection from Ionizing Radiation” held at Cement Company in Al-Fhais-Jordan, February 1998.
5) Workshop on the World Bank and the International Financial Institutions, JUST (Instructor Dr. Bruce Mabley, International Education Center, Canada June 14-15, 1998).
6) Workshop on Medicinal and Herbal Plants in Jordan, National Center for Agricultural Research and Technology Transfer (NCARTT), June 28, 1998.
7) Attending a workshop on Medical Preparation For Radiation and Nuclear Accidents. Middle East Regional Radioisotope Center For The Arab Countries, Cairo, Egypt, October 9-21, 1999.
8) Attending a two days workshop in “Technology of Education and Evaluation” offered by the Center of Education Technology at Qatar University (October, 2000).
9) Seminar on Ethical Implications of Gene Therapy, Qatar University Faculty of Science, October 20-22, 2001 with the cooperation with ISESCO and Islamic calls Society.
10) Workshop titled “Computer Skills” sponsored by the Computer Center at Qatar University, October 2001
11) Attending a workshop in “Responding of Arab administration to changes with the beginning of the 21 century. Sponsored by Arab Organization for Administration development, Halab University, Syria from 25-27-2004.
12) Participating effectively in Quality assurance for higher education institutions workshop, sponsored by Tempus program and coordinated by the British Council. Amman, 3-7/1/2008.
1) Giving a lecture at Ain Jaloot High School entitled Reproduction Biotechnology.
2) Giving a lecture entitled Genetic diseases and the importance of its diagnosis before marriage in a workshop Sponsored by Jordan Association for family planning and protection at Irbid (6-8/9/1995).
3) Giving a lecture at Noor Alhussein High School entitled “Human cloning and its impact on societies”.
4) Interview about human genomic project (Jordan TV)
5) Interview about cloning and its social impact (Jordan TV)
6) Giving a lecture entitled “The Future of Education in Jordan" in the 9th conference for Private Schools Council held in Feladelfia Schools, Amman, Jordan, March 20-21, 2000.
7) Giving a lecture in Ramtha High school about (teachers behavior toward students). March, 2009.
8) Giving a lecture in forensic Science and its application (Rotary Club in Amman. August 11, 2009.
§ I have refereed several biological articles published in Yarmouk, Mu'ta, and Jordan Journal of Biological Sciences.
§ I have written a course plan for Bio 5493 - (0-3)3 (Social Biology) for the University of Al-Kuds Al-Maftuha.
§ Preparing a laboratory manual of Genetics for Bio 341.
§ Participating in preparing a laboratory manual for the courses Bio 105, Bio 106 and Bio 107.
§ Participating in all the steps which led to the establishment of the Department of Applied Biology at J.U.S.T., including:
1. Preparing the Departmental course plan.
2. Furnishing several laboratories serving various Departmental Courses with the necessary equipments and supplies.
§ Coordinating a grant proposal from the World Bank ($ 600,000) leading to the establishment of Biotechnology Center at JUST (1998 - 1999).
§ Head of the accreditation and quality assurance committee at JUST. The task of this committee was to write the strategic plan and the accreditation file of JUST. Both tasks were successfully achieved.
A. Supervising the following Master students in the Department of Applied Biological Sciences-Jordan University of Science and Technology.
1. Sahar Da,s. Effect of Abamectin and Cypermethrin insecticides on fertility of adult male and female rats, from 1997-1999.
2. Dalal Al-Tamimi. Vascular Anomalies in Adriamycin Animal Model( 1998-2000)
3. Maisa Alkoda. Renal Anomalies in Prenatally Adriamycin-Exposed Rat
4. Fetuses (1998-2000)
5. Rana Al-Muhur. Effect of Various Ruta Graveolens L. (Faijin) Extracts on Fertility, Reproduction and Sexual Maturation of Male and Female Rats (1998-2000).
6. Essam Maiass. Evaluation of the reproductive and fertility toxic potentials of aluminum chloride on male and female rats (1998 –2001).
7. Susan Al-Momani. Jordanian Population Data on the PCR-Based Loci: DQA1, LDLR, HBGG, D7S8, GYPA (1998-2001).
8. Osamah Batieha. Genetic bases of infertility in Jordanian Adult males (starting 2003/2004)
9. Mohamed Abd Al-hafez Al-Fughha. Cyclin E, p21(WAFI/Cipl) and p53 expression in Jordanian patients with breast cancer. 2005-2007
10. Amal M. Sahran. Expression of p21 cyclin and p53 in ovarian cancers from Jordanian patients. 2003 )
11. Nuha Al-Abadi. Use of Y-STR markers in forensic and paternity testing. (2003/2005).
12. Neveen Adnan Tbeleh. Effects of long and short term exposure to cadmium chloride on fertility and renal system in adult male mice. 2005-2007.
13. Laith Naser Al-Eitan, Profiling of seized heroin in Jordan by chromatographic techniques. 2004-2007.
14. Amal Said Jbaili. Polymorphisms of N-Acetyltransferase-2 gene and colorectal and lung cancers in Jordan (2007).
15. Nusaibah Abo Alfool (2007). Effects of four weeks exposure to malathion pesticide on fertility of adult male mice.
16. Alia Malkawi (2005-2007). Polymorphisms of the MnSOD and NQOL genes in Jordanian lung and colon cancer patients.
17. Majdoleen Sbaihat (2005-2008) (coadvisor). The Effect of thermal manipulation during embryogenesis of broiler chicks on body weight and thermoregulation after hatching.
18. Amal Salah (2005-2007)(coadvisor). The effect of thermal manipulation during embryogenesis of broiler chicks on muscle growth and muscle marker gene expression.
19. Dalal Elmensi: (2010-now). Effects of Extremely Low Frequency Electromagnetic Field (ELF-EMF) and Electric Current on Brest Cancer Cells Induced With 7,12- Dimethylbenz(a)anthracene (DMBA) in Sprague-Dawley Rats.
B. Serving as a member in the Examining committee for several other graduate students from JUST and other universities in Jordan.
§ Working as a laboratory supervisor at the In vitro Fertilization and Embryo Transfer Unit at Algwasmeh Hospital - Irbid - Jordan (1998-1999).
1) Elbetieha, A. and Kalthoff, K. (1986) Microinjection of RNA restores normal body pattern to embryos of Chironomus samoensis: which have been programmed for double abdomen formation by UV irradiation. Fourth Annual Southwestern Developmental Biology Conference - University of Houston, Houston, Texas.
2) Elbetieha, A. and Kalthoff, K. (1986) Bioassay to characterize anterior cytoplasm determinants in Chironomus samoensis eggs. Lost Pines Molecular Biology Conference, UT System cancer, Center, Smithville, Texas.
3) Ionizing radiations and its biological effects (1991). Control of the environmental pollution. Mu'ta University - Jordan.
4) Forty Eighth Annual Meeting - Society for Developmental Biology - Berkeley, California, June 18-21, 1989.
5) Forty Ninth Annual Symposium - Society for Developmental Biology - Georgetown University, Washington, DC June 27-30, 1990.
6) Anterior Determinants in Chironomus samoensis. In proceedings of The First Arab Conference on Perspectives of modern Biotechnologies in the Arab Countries - Amman, Oct 23, 1989 (pp 532 - 568).
7) A. Elbetieha, M. Al-Hamood, A. Alkofahi, and H. Bataineh. Reproductive toxicity potentials of Salvia fruticosa (Labiatae) in rat. The 8th Arab Conference of Biological Sciences & The 4th Jordanian Conference of Biological Sciences, 8-11 November 1997. Amman - Jordan.
8) Elbetieha, A., Ijaz, A. and Saadoun, I. Embryo Technologies in Farm Animals.Symposium on "Present and Prospective of Biotechnology in Jordan" Ai-Albayt University, April 7-8, 1997. J. Embryo, exp. Morphol. 97, pp. 181-169.
9) Al-Hamood MH., Elbetieha, A., Alkofahi, A., and Bataineh, H. Antiimplantation and Antifertility Potentials of Jordan Medicinal Plants in Laboratory Animals. Forty Fifth Annual Congress of the Society for Medicinal Plant Research. Sept. 7th-12th 1997, Regensburg- Germany
10) First Annual Scientific Day of the Faculty of Science & Arts, Jordan University of Science & Technology, Irbid, Jordan. May 18, 1998.
11) The Second Annual Scientific Day of the Faculty of Science and Arts, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan. May 24, 1999.
12) Elbetieha, A., Al-Akhras, M.A., and Darmani, H. Long-Term Exposure of Male and Female Mice to 50-Hz magnetic Field: Effect on Fertility and Reproduction. First Conference and Third Scientific day of Faculty of Science and Arts, Jordan University of Science and Technology, May 23, 2000, Irbid, Jordan.
13) Elbetieha, A. Embryo Technologies in Farm Animals. In the First Arab Biotechnology Education Conference. Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, Sept. 13-14, 2000.
14) 3rd International Workshop on Biological Effects of Electromagnetic Fields which was held in Kos, 4-8 October 2004,
15) Workshop on Graduate Studies in Arabian Universities. November 27-29, 2004. Adan, Yaman.
16) Prospect of Biology and related sciences. November 26-28/2006, Allepo, Syria.
17) Ist International Egyptian Jordanian Conference 0n Biotechnology and Sustainable Development: Current Status and Future Scenarios. National Research Center, December 11-14, 2006, Cairo, Egypt. Potential Application of Animal Biotechnology.
18) Sixth Sesame Users Meeting. November 17-19, 2007. Amman Jordan
19) International Conference on "Science Parks for the Developing wold: Engines of Economic and Social Growth. Amman-Jordan, 15-16 December 2007.
20) The Third Arabian annual Conference on "Recent Trends on Quality Performance of the Universities". Al-Sharejah-United Arabs Emarates, 13-17, 2008. The title of my presentation: Accreditation Criteria of Jordan Universities.
21) The First National Conference on Ethics of Biology, 23-24, November, 2009, Amman, Jordan. The title of my presentation was on "Cloninig and Its Application".
22) Effects of 50 Hz magnetic field on sex ratio and sperm counts in male rats. 6th International workshop on biological effects of electromagnetic fields. Bodrum/Turky, 10-14 October, 2010.
1. Kalthoff, k. and Elbetieha, A. (1986). Transplantation of localized antrior determinants in Chironomus eggs by microinjection. J. Embroy. Exp. Morph. 97, 181-196
2. Elbetieha, A. and Kalthoff, K. (1988). Anterior Determinants in Embryos of Chironomus samoensis: Characterization by Rescue Bioassay. Development, 104, pp. 61-75.
3. Hunaiti, A.A.; Elbetieha, A. ; Obeidat, M.A.; and Owais, W.M. (1995). Developmental Studies on Drosophila melanogaster glutathione S-transferase and its Induction by Oxadiazolone. Insect Biochem. Molec. Biology 25, pp 1115 - 1119.
4. Elbetieha, A.; Al-Hamood, M. H.; and Al-Maliki, S. J.(1996): Reproductive performance / postpartum aggression in female mice exposed to progestin via maternal milk. Advances in Contraceptive Delivery Systems, Vol. 12 pp 261 - 267.
5. Al-Hamood, M. H. and Elbetieha, A. (1995): Plants and fertility regulation. Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, National Academy of Scientific Research , Tripoli - Libya, issue No. 1 - 3rd pp.77 - 92.
6. Elbetieha, A. and Al-Hamood, M. H. (1997): Long-term exposure of male and female mice to trivalent and hexavalent chromium compounds: effect on fertility. : Toxicology, 116, 39 - 47.
7. Elbetieha, A.; Al-Hamood, M. H. and Alkofahi, A. (1996): Antiimplantation potential of some medicinal plants in female rats. ARCH STD/HIV, 10,181 - 187.
8. Alkofahi, A.; Elbetieha, A.; Najib, N. and Al-Khalil, S. (1996). Insecticidial and mutagenic activities of some Jordanian medicinal plants. Alexandria Journal of Pharm. Sci., 10(2), pp. 127-130.
9. Al-Hamood, M. H.; Elbetieha, A.; and Al-Maliki, S. J.(1996): Social aggression and fertility in male mice treated with non-steroidal antiestrogens. Advances in Contraceptive Delivery Systems. Vol. 12 pp 201 - 208.
10. Alkofahi, A., Al-Hamood, M. H. and Elbetieha, A. (1996): Antifertility evaluation of some medicinal plants in male and female mice. ARCH STD/HIV, Vol 10, 189 - 196.
11. Bataineh, H., Al-Hamood, M. H., Elbetieha, A., and Bani Hani, I. (1997). Effect of Long-Term Ingestion of Chromium Compounds on Aggression, Sex Behaviour and Fertility in Adult Male Rat. Drug and Chemical Toxicology, Volume 20, Issue # 3 , pp 133 - 149.
12. Al-Hamood, M. H., Elbetieha, A. and Bataineh, H. (1998). Sexual Maturation and Fertility of Male Mice Exposed Prenatally and Postnatally to Trivalent and Hexavalent Chromium Compounds. Reproduction, Fertility and Development , Volume 10. Issue 2, pp 179.
13. Elbetieha, A., Al-Hamood, M. H., Alkofahi, A. and Bataineh, H. (1998) Reproductive toxicity potentials of Salvia fruticosa (Labiatae) in rats. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 66, 67-74.
14. Bataineh, H., Al-Hamood, M. H., and Elbetieha, A. (1998) Assessment of aggression, sexual behavior and fertility in adult male rat following long-term ingestion of four industrial metals salts: Human & Environmental Toxicology 17, 570-576.
15. Saadoun, I., Elbetieha, A. and Blevins, W. T. (1998) Mutagenesis by ethidium bromide and n-methyl - n’- nitro-n-nitrosoguanidine in off-flavor compounds producing-strains of streptomyces . Journal of Biosciences, Volume 23 No.5, 595 - 600.
16. Al-Hamood, M. H., and Elbetieha, A. (1998). Biological Clock, New facts about natural timing of living organisms. Journal of Ajman University of Science and Technology. Volume 4, No. 1, 71-84.
17. Saadoun,I., AL-Momani, F., and Elbetieha, A. (1998). Evaluation of different methods of plasmid extraction from antibiotic-producing strains of Streptomyces. Actinomycetes, ANNO IX- No. 3, 46-51.
18. Saadoun, I., AL-Momani, F., and Elbetieha, A. (1999). Genetic determinants of active antibiotic-producing soil Streptomycetes. Microbiologica, 22, 233-239
19. Elbetieha, A., Owais, M.W., Saadoun, I. and Hussein, E. (1999). Effect of glutathione L-cystein and L-djenkolic acid in the synthesis and mutagenicity of azide metabolite in Bacillus Subtilis ATCC 6633 strain. Microbiologica, 22, No. 4 ,315
20. Elbetieha, A., Oran, S.A., Alkofahi, A., Darmani, H., Raies, A.M. (2000). Fetotoxic potentials of Globularia arabica and Globularia alypum (Globulariaceae) in rats. Journaql of Ethonopharmacology 72, 215-219.
21. Ebetieha, A., Darmani, H., and Al-Hyasat A.S. (2000). Fertility Effects of Sodium Fluoride in Male Mice. Fluoride, 33 (3), 128-134.
22. Elbetieha, A., Bataineh, H., Darmani, H. and Al-Hamood, M.H. (2001). Effects of Long-Term Exposure to Manganese Chloride on Fertility of Male and Female Mice. Toxicology Letters 119 (3), 193-201.
24. Al-Hiyasat, A.S., Elbetieha, A.M., and Darmani, H (2000). Reproductive toxic Effects Of Long-Term Ingestion Of Sodium Fluoride In The Female Rat. Fluoride,33 (2) 79-84.
25. Saadoun, I., Al-Momani, F., Obeidat, M., Meqdam, M., and Elbetieha, A. (2001). Assessment of toxic potential of local Jordanian Bacillus thuringeinsis strains on Drosophila melanogaster and Culex sp. (Diptera). J. Applied Microbiology 90:866-872.
26. Elbetieha, A., Da'as, S.I., Khamas, W., and Darmani, H. (2001). Evaluation of the toxic potentials of cypermethrin pesticide on some reproductive and fertility parameters in the male rats. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 41 (4): 522-8.
27. Darmani, H., Al-Hiyasat, A.S., and Elbetieha, A. (2001). Effects of Sodium Fluoride in drinking water on fertility in female mice. Fluoride 34 (4): 242-249
28. Merei, J., Batiha A., Bani Hani I., El-Qudah, M. (2001). Renal; Anomalies in the VATER Animal Model. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 36 (11) : 1693-1698
29. Elbetieha, A., Al-Akhras, M.A., and Darmani, I.A., (2002). Long-Term Exposure of Male and Female Mice to 50 Hz Magnetic Field: Effects on Fertility. Bioelectromagnetics 23 (2) : 168-172.
30. Al-Hiyasat, A.S., Darmani, H., and Elbetieha, A. (2002). Effects of resin based dental composite on fertility of male mice. European Journal of Oral Sciences 110 (1): 44-47.
31. Al-Hiyasat, A.S., Darmani, H., and Elbetieha, A.M. (2002). Effects of a bisphenol A on adult male mouse fertility. European Journal of Oral Sciences 110 (2): 163-168.
32. Darmani, H., Al-Hiyasat, A.S., Elbetieha, A.M., Alkofahi A. (2003). The Effect of an Extract of Meswak (chewing stick) on fertility of male and female mice. Phytomedicine 10 (1):62-65.
33. Al-Thani R.K., Al-Thani, A.S., Elbetieha, A., Darmani, H.(2002). Assessment of reproductive and fertility effects of amitraz pesticide in male mice. Toxicology Letters 138 (3), 253-260.
34. Elbetieha, A., and Da’as I. Sahar (2003). Assessment of Antifertility Activities of Abamectin Pesticide in Male Rats. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 55 (3), 307-313.
35. Al-Mahmoud, M., Elbetieha, A., and Al-Muhur, R. (2003). Anticonceptive and antifertility activities of various Ruta graveolens extracts in female rats. ACTA Pharmaceutica Turcica 45, 203-213.
36. Issam, M., Elbetieha, A., Khamas, w. (2005). Evaluation of reproductive and fertility toxic potentials of aluminum chloride on adult male mice. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 4(2): 224-233.
37. Al-Omari Osama, Khamas Wael and El-Beteiha Ahmed (2005). Assessment of Fertility and Mating Capabilities in Adult Male Rats after Single Intra-Testicular Injection of Formalin Solution. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 4 (6): 615-623.
38. AL-Akhras, M.A., Darmani, H., and Elbetieha, A (2006). Influence of 50Hz magnetic field on sex hormones in the male rat. Bioelectromagnetics 27:127-131.
39. Saadoun, I, Taye, S., Elbetieha, A., and Owais, W.M. (2006). Ability of Insecticidal Formulations to Support Growth of Bacteria and the Absence of Their Mutagenic Activity in the Ames Salmonella Test, Journal of Biological Sciences 6(5):875-880.
40. O.K, AlOmari, W.A. Khamas and A. Elbetieha (2007). Effect of oral administration of formalin on blood gases parameters in rats. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 6(3): 304-309.
41. Neveen Tbeileh, Ahmed Elbetieha, Homa Darmani, and Wael Khamas (2007). Effects of Long Term Exposure to Cadmium Chloride on Fertility in Adult Male Mice. Veterinary Research 1(2):40-48 .
42. Elbetieha, A., Al-Thani, A.S., Al-Thani R.K., Darmani, H. Owais., W. (2008). Effects of Chronic Exposure to Cobalt Chloride on the Fertility and Testes in Mice. Journal of Applied Biological Sciences, 2 (1): 01-0
43. Massadeh, A., Al- Momani, F. and Elbetieha, A. (2008). Assessment of heavy metals concentrations in soil samples from the vicinity of busy roads: Influence on Drosophila melanogaster lifecycle. Biological Trace Elements Research 122:292-299.
44. Azab Mohammed, Issam Mayyas, Ahmed Elbetieha, Ali Shoter, Wael Khamas and Ziad Elnasser (2008). Toxicity Evaluation of Aluminium Chloride on Adult Female Mice. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 7(5): 552-556.
45. Elbetieha Ahmed and Mervat Merji (2010). Effects of 50 Hz magnetic field on sex ratio and sperm counts in male rats. 6th International workshop on biological effects of electromagnetic fields. Bodrum/Turky, 10-14 October, 2010.
46.. Elbetieha, Ahmed, Neveen Tbeileh, Homa Darmani ( 2011). Assessment of Six Weeks Exposure to Cadmium Chloride on Fertility of Adult Male Mice. Journal of Applied Biological Sciences. 5 (3): 13-19.
Genetic Basis of Infertility in Jordanian Adult Males
وحدة العلاقات العامة والإعلام