The Nanotechnology Institute at the Jordan University of Science and Technology is a newly established institute and the first institute in Jordan in the field of technical and descriptive research. It constitutes an important breakthrough on the path of development and activation of scientific research in pursuit of the development of the country according to both the Kingdome and the university strategic plans.
Promotion of higher education institutes and research role to reach an advanced level of research and provide highly skilled and well-educated expertise in interdisciplinary areas.
Nanotechnology has started to make a big footprint in the global economic market. It is an area that has developed promising solutions to 21st-century challenges by naturally blending various skillsets from biological, medical, chemical, and engineering sciences. Our mission is to build on the skill sets that already exist under the belt of the university curricula. Aimed to offer and develop nanotechnology-based solutions that will serve the best interest of Jordan and its society in a variety of ways.
- Linking nanotechnology researchers with the industry.
- To provide a research and development environment for researchers from Jordan and the region in micro and nanotechnology.
- Create a pool of researchers and trained experts in Nano-application.
- Creating an incubating environment within the university to support nanotechnology research.
- Increase local awareness about nanotechnology and nanotechnology research output.
- Attract local and international researchers and investors from the industry.
- Establishment of new educational programs in nanotechnology.
- Forming a cooperative environment between the Institute and international institutes to achieve the desired progress and to keep up to date with all that is new in this field.
- Provide an opportunity for students and researchers to conduct high-quality research.
- Benefiting from nanotechnology research in developing the university infrastructure.