The Diploma Supplement (DS) is produced by Jordan University of Science and Technology upon ASIIN accreditation following the model developed by the European Commission, Council of Europe and UNESCO/CEPES. It is a document issued to all graduates of the biotechnology and genetic engineering along with their higher education certificates providing that they successfully complete the requirements of their degree.
The DS becomes one of the main tools to facilitate the mobility and employability of graduates. It aims to provide enough data free from any value-judgements to promote international transparency and fair academic and professional recognition of qualifications (diplomas, degrees, certificates, etc) worldwide. It facilitates the admission of students or graduates for further academic studies or training and provides a smooth transition from one course to another and between countries; thus thus it removes barriers to working, studying or training in Europe or other parts of the world.
The DS was designed to be a flexible, non-prescriptive tool providing a thorough description of the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies that were successfully completed by the individual named on the original diploma or certificate to which the supplement is appended.
The DS includes the following sections:
- Identifying the holder of the qualification
- Information identifying the qualificatio
- Information on the level of the qualification
- Information on the content of the qualification, the results obtained, and ECTS credits awarded
- Information on the function of the qualification
- Certification of the Diploma Supplement
- Information on the language of instruction to obtain the degree
- The diploma supplement, which is written in English and automatically issued, is free of charge and is being issued to every student upon graduation.
See example DS (Here)