Medical and surgical nursing Lab (2)
Provides safe training environment for all nursing students in practical
courses. The aim of this lab is to prepare nursing students to acquire nursing
skills and master the skills needed to provide high quality, safe nursing care
and develop their self-confidence before moving to the real clinical
lab is located on the Second Floor of the faculty of nursing building
The lab is open to all
students Five days a week (Sunday to Thursday) from 8:00 a.m
- The lab has two teaching rooms
with spaces that could accommodate 30 students for each.
- Basically students can practice
procedures on designed models based on their course level.
procedures and skills include:
- Head-to-Toe Assessment.
- Monitoring vital signs.
- Oxygen therapy.
- Chest physiotherapy.
- Medical & Surgical Asepsis,
- Patient Hygiene.
- Nasogastric tube insertion,
Irrigation, Administering Enteral Nutrition, Removal
- Extraction of Blood Samples.
- Initiation of Peripheral
- Administration of Intravenous
Solution, replacement of Intravenous Tubing.
- Medication administration (oral, intravenous
- Male and female urinary
- Colostomy care.
- Application of cast and traction.
Some of the equipment's available in
the lab are:
model for full practical simulation of care & patient
assessment for male and female procedure.
- Different models to illustrate the types of injuries and wounds ( Diabetic
foot models, Wounds models).
- Medical beds.
- TVs + video + recorded tapes in the field of
- Sugar testing devices.
Different types of thermometers for measuring body temperature.
Blood pressure apparatus.
Oxygen cylinder and regulator.
- Diagnostic test for ENT.
- Dental and heart and ear models.
For more details
contact lab Supervisor Sana’ Nafa’ at (23631).