07 Jan 2024
A list of the most prominent achievements of the program and the awards it received
• The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program has been placed within the Jordanian National Qualifications Framework (JNQF) by the Accreditation and Quality Commission for Higher Education Institution (AQACHEI) on 15/3/2023.
• Preparing for the renewal of the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). (The committee’s visit is expected in March 2024)
• The Renewal of the FON as a WHO collaborating center for four years.
• Signing an agreement with the German Agency for International Cooperation to qualify graduates of the Faculty of Nursing to work in Germany.
• Signing an agreement with the Royal Society for Health Awareness and through the contract, a model of a friendly clinic for youth was developed to support the Royal Society for Health Awareness. The aim is to provide health education topics for university students and workers. The Youth Friendly Clinic provides services in sexual and reproductive health and psychosocial support to JUST students free of charge. These services are provided in the form of one-to-one sessions and group activities.
• The faculty is establishing a simulation lab for newborns.
• The faculty established the Jordan Journal of Nursing Research, where four issues were issued between 2022 and 2023.
• The faculty established (3) new master’s programs in the FON, bringing the total number of master’s programs to five.
• Modifying the study plans for the master’s programs in the FON (thesis and comprehensive tracks)
• Amending the study plans for the bachelor’s programs to suit the national, regional, and global needs.
• The faculty is looking to establish a joint doctoral program in nursing.
• Implementing the scholarship plan, as it was approved to appoint six research and teaching assistants for scholarship purposes
• The faculty implemented several free medical days within the faculty courses to increase health awareness in society.
• The faculty is Working to create a newsletter that covers news of FON and about nursing and midwifery at the national and international levels