The Faculty of Medicine at Jordan University of Science and
Technology (FMJUST) is committed to teaching with creativity, and dedication; healing with quality, and
compassion; and research with innovation.
is a community of scholars dedicated to provide relevant education to a diverse
body of medical undergraduate and postgraduate students; to deliver
state-of-the-art health care service and medical research.
Program Educational Objectives:
Graduated General Practitioners within few years of graduation will be able to:
- Formulate and apply safe and effective management plans for major diseases and conditions.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with patients and patients' families, embodying ethical and professional standards.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with members of healthcare teams to provide optimal, interprofessional patient-centered care.
- Commit to lifelong learning to keep pace with advances in healthcare practices and technologies.
- Incorporate the social determinants of health into healthcare practices.
- Lead, participate, and support preventive programs, management protocols, and research projects in their local and regional communities.
- Appraise and comprehend effectivelythe health needs of their local and regional communities.
- Facilitate the communication between local / international healthcare policymakers and the local community for an efficient, up-to-date, community-oriented medical service.
Intended Learning Objectives (ILO):
At the time of graduation, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a sufficient understanding of the structural organization and functions of the following systems of the human body: circulatory, respiratory, gastrointestinal, endocrine, hematopoietic & lymphatic, musculoskeletal, nervous, and genitourinary systems.
- Conceptualize the cellular, molecular, genetic, and biochemical mechanisms that maintain body's homeostasis and their derangements in disease states.
- Apply their knowledge of human anatomy and function to solve questions regarding major clinical cases and diseases.
- Attain appropriate and systematic clinical history of different medical conditions and settings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing clinical skills and procedures.
- Perform relevant physical examination on patients professionally and ethically.
- Identify the major signs and symptoms of disease states, recognizing risk factors and etiologies, in an interdisciplinary approach to differentially diagnose patients.
- Order and interpret results of relevant basic diagnostic procedures, such as laboratory investigations and conventional imaging procedures.
- Apply safe and accurate methods of pharmacotherapy of major disease states.
- Critically appraise research studies guided by evidence-based medicine.
- Demonstrate ability to work in diverse settings and communities.
- To train students to be competent and skillful physicians to provide community-based health care.
- To train medical students to be socially responsible with commitment to highest levels of professionalism and medical ethics.
- To encourage students to practice life-long learning and continuous professional development and to explore post graduate opportunities.
- To enable students to perform appropriate search and appraisal of medical literature.
- To train students to apply latest appropriate health programs and technologies to provide patient-centered health services.
- To lead preventive and management health programs and initiatives in North Jordan.
- To lead health research projects in basic and clinical sciences that meet the needs of local and regional communities.