1. To investigate and certify all medico legal cases that occur within the North Jordan such as deaths due to accidental causes, sudden unexpected deaths, sudden infant deaths, deaths that are the result of violence or suspected violence, fires deaths, drowning cases, death in custody, medical malpractice deaths, deaths that are associated with conditions that pose a hazard to the public safety or health, and all unattended or unexplained deaths…etc.
2. To work hand-in-hand with the court system and other health agencies towards the overall goal of reducing social violence and other preventable injury, and to monitor the prevalence of certain conditions that threaten the safety and health of all our communities.
3. To provide accurate and impartial forensic and scientific findings to police investigators and to courts of law (trace evidences).
4. To provide 24 hour, 7 day medico legal consultation services to all public safety and public health requests.
5. To provide important information used to evaluate the effectiveness of medical and social services that are provided to the citizens of North Jordan.
6. To review certain injuries and deaths that are the result of domestic violence, in order to report the incidence of such events and to discover ways in preventing this problem, in association with family protection unites in North Jordan.
7. To report all cases of sexual offences and child abuse and neglect.
8. For educational purposes the center providing specialized programs for under graduate and post graduate students in the field of legal medicine, toxicology and forensic sciences.
9. To conduct researches in the fields of forensic pathology, forensic science, clinical forensic medicine and associated fields.