The Bachelor of Science program in Chemical Engineering is a five-year program based on 159 /160*
credit hours system. The credit hours are distributed between general university requirements (25 credit hours), faculty requirements (32/31*
credit hours), and department requirements (102/104*
The program is designed to provide strong background in basic sciences (mathematics, physics, and chemistry), and in chemical engineering fundamentals. The program also offers elective courses (5 courses for a total of 15 credit hours) that covers several topics of interest to the local and regional markets.
For more information about the program, take a look at the following links (pdf files). A flow chart of the 2013 curriculum is shown below.
* Numbers in red reflects the new curriculum.
Admission to the department is open to national and international students. National students with high school diploma from inside or outside of Jordan can apply through either the Regular or the Parallel programs. However, this program is competitive and accepts limited number of students. International students can apply through the international program. In all cases, the acceptance depends on the competition according to the high school performance. For more information please visit the Admission Department Webpage.
The acceptance rate in the program varies from year to year. Recently, about 120 students are accepted annually. On average, about 60% of accepted students graduate from the department. The remaining 40% typically transfer to other majors. Detailed statistics on number of students are shown in the figure below (You can access an interactive version of this figure by clicking here.)
All undergraduate students are assigned an academic advisor who can help them with all academic-related issues. The academic advisors provides advise on planning your study and registeration for courses, and will work with you to help you maintain a good academic standings. All students are encouraged to consult their advisors when needed. Students with low GPA (below 60%) are required to consult their advisors before being able to register for the next semester.
You can find the name of your academic advisor on your Student Services
account or from the table below (students are distributed based on their class and the last digit of your ID number. For example, 20102022091 is class of 2010 with last digit odd, 1, then the advisor will be Dr. Kandah).