To achieve global recognition in oral health education with a commitment to excellence in research, patient care, and community service.
To graduate competent dentists who are able to manage oral and dental conditions and diseases based on scientific evidence and critical thinking. In addition, graduates will be able to conduct oral health research and provide community services that promote oral health.
The primary objective of the Faculty of Dentistry is to remain a nationally and internationally recognized leader of academic excellence in the areas of research, oral health education, training and practice by:
1. To pursue excellence in research, both basic and applied, in which the encouragement of individual endeavours is complemented by the development of productive collaborative research groups both within the Faculty and University limits and internationally.
2. To provide an environment, accessible to all sectors of the community, for the provision of the highest quality undergraduate and postgraduate education and training in the disciplines of Dentistry, Dental assisting and dental technology in cooperation with Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences.
3. To provide clinical expertise,consultative advice and first-class clinical services to the people of Jordan, nationally, and - in some disciplines - internationally.
4. Foster interdisciplinary cooperation and achievements within the Faculty and with the other faculties at the University, with various teaching hospitals, research institutes, the industrial sector and international academic institutions.
5. Generation of knowledge and understanding of the scientific basics of modern dentistry, through excellence in research-informed teaching and continuous efforts to improve quality.
6. Provision of an academic and clinical environment for the progressive development of all the disciplines within the Faculty.
7. The personal development of all staff members, based on equity and justice.