The Department of Conservative Dentistry encompasses the specialties of Operative Dentistry, Fixed Prosthodontics, Endodontics and Dental Material Sciences. The Department aims at integrating all the disciplines of restorative dentistry in addition to advanced patient care, clinical experience and basic dental sciences with the ultimate goal of graduating exceptional dental professionals who can translate their knowledge into clinical practice that will promote the oral health of the community. The Department also seeks to educate students to be life-long learners, who will continuously seek to improve their knowledge and skills and be competent in providing comprehensive restorative and rehabilitative treatment for their patients and serve as a resource for community oral health care and advanced scientific innovative research in dentistry. These aims can be achieved by:
- An organizational structure that will facilitate achievement of the goals of the Department.
- Excellence in educational programs that provide a high standard of clinical training for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Highly innovative research that will have a remarkable impact on developing dental sciences.
- Motivating and improving the skills of graduates and general practitioners
- Recognition of the high academic standards of the Department at both regional and international levels.
- Becoming a trusted academic and clinical oral health center of care for complex restorative problems.