Residence Instructions and Regulation
1.The student has the option of renting a single room, a double room, or a private room with a bathroom. The designated rent for each type of room shall be paid at the times specified by the female students’ On–Campus Housing Department.
2.The resident students should keep their rooms clean and neat. The Residence supervisors have the right to check the condition of the rooms. Unclean rooms may result in penalties.
3 . The furniture installed in the rooms and lounges it considered to be the students’ personal possession. Students are asked to keep the furniture in good condition. Should the furniture is mistreated by the student, she may be fined in case an item is damaged.
4. For safety reasons, electrical appliances such as heaters, microwaves, and irons are not allowed inside the rooms. These appliances are made available by the Housing Department and installed in common areas inside each building. In the event that an in-room appliance causes an accident or damage, the student will take full responsibility.
5. Food should be kept inside food-storing closets in the kitchen, and not inside bedrooms.
6 . Cleaning workers are in charge of cleaning the common areas such as corridors, common lounges and bathrooms on a daily basis. Students are asked to keep them clean and tidy.
7. Students are expected to cooperate regarding energy saving by turning the lights off when the room is not in use and making sure that water faucets are turned off after use.
8. Students are responsible for their own personal belongings such as money, jewelry, and valuables. The Residence Administration will not be held responsible in case any students’ belongings are lost and/or stolen. The rooms should not be left open for any reason whatsoever. It is recommended to keep valuable personal belongings in a safe at the bank of the University.
9 . Students are not allowed to walk around the corridors, wards, and lounges in sleeping gowns. Students are also asked to be dress appropriately in the day time, especially on the ground floor.
10. In order to maintain a quiet and convenient setting for studying, students need to cooperate in the following matters;
a- Keeping the residence as quiet as possible at all times and to refrain from disturbing other floor-mates with loud noises, including but not limited to the radio, the tape-recorder, or TV.
b- Turning the lights off in bedrooms after midnight. If the student needs to study after midnight, she should use the studying rooms on each floor.
11. Students are not allowed to change or switch their rooms without the written consent of the supervisor.
12. Telephone sets are made available for the service of students in times of need. They should not be improperly used. Students are in charge of all their out-going phone calls
13. Students should pay attention to the following:
a- Students should abide by the residence’s closure time, specified by the Housing Department.
b- Students should be available in their rooms at the time specified by supervisor for daily check-ups.
c- Any student who wishes to sleep off-campus over the weekend, and/or official holidays has to fill out a permission slip. Permission will be granted only for the names designated in the contract and signed by the student’s guardian.
d- The student has to remit all keys and items in her personal possession to the supervisor in-charge before she leaves the Residence at the end of each semester.
e- Students are requested to take all the books and odds and ends that belong to them at the end of each semester, as the Residence Administration empties all the rooms' contents for maintenance work and eliminates whatever is left behind.
14. Any student who wishes to enroll in public University trips or special trips carried out by the students faculty should make sure that the trip has been well coordinated between the trip moderator and the Residence Administration, and obtain a written permission slip from the Residence Administration, at least three days prior to the trip
15. Bedrooms are designated for resident students only. Non-resident students are not allowed inside these bedrooms
16. Students can receive their guests and relatives at the Residence visiting lounges, at times specified by the Housing Department.
17. Sick students can visit the doctor at the University Clinic. In emergency cases at night, students should notify the supervisor in order to take necessary action.
18. For Safety,
- The residence is a smoke-free place. Smoking cigarettes and/or hookah is strictly forbidden inside the Residence. Students who are caught smoking will be penalized.
- Kitchen utensils should not be left unclean, whether they are in the kitchen or in the bedrooms. Leaving utensils unclean may cause students to be penalized.
- No relatives and/or friends are allowed to sleep over at the Residence without the prior knowledge of the Residence Administration. The Administration should be informed to avoid any potential problems.
-The room is a privilege, not a right of the student. The Residence Administration has the right to change any room as it deems fit.
- Every student is required to follow-up and abide by the Residence’s closure and opening times, which will be announced at the beginning and end of every semester.
19. Violation of the regulations and instructions may subject students to one of the following penalties notice:
- Warning (In Three Stages)
- Dismissal from the Residence
- Payment of Designated Fines
These penalties will be enclosed in the student's personal file and could deprive her from obtaining a certificate of good conduct at graduation
N.B. Please read these instructions and regulations carefully before applying for a room in the on-campus Residence.