Jordan University of Science and Technology places students’ interests at the top of its priorities, therefore, the residence is designed to serve as a second home for students, ensuring the best learning surroundings and location for intercultural interaction between students.
The location of the accommodation has been carefully chosen to ensure tranquility, security and accessibility. The first building was erected in 1993. As a result of the increasing demand, the number of buildings was gradually raised to ten fully occupied buildings.
Jordan University of Science and Technology places "student comfort as a top priority", and provides an integrated package of services for resident students, and all residential buildings are characterized by the following features:
- Seven kitchens in each building. Each kitchen is equipped with two gas stoves, a microwave, a cooler, a dining table and one dining cupboard per student.
- A large study room on each floor contains desks, chairs and drawing tables.
- The ground floor contains the following service facilities:
- Visitor reception hall.
- TV room with TV, satellite connection and chairs.
- prayer room
- Laundry room with automatic washers and dryers, as well as irons.
- All buildings are supplied with hot/cold water 24 hours a day. Sanitation workers maintain the highest standards of hygiene in all accommodation facilities
- transport services:
- During the day, shuttle buses run regularly between the residence and the lecture halls.
- Free daily round trip shopping trip to Irbid city
- Basketball and volleyball courts.
- Beautiful spacious gardens furnished with chairs
- Supermarket, dry cleaning store, library, restaurant and hairdresser.
- Health Services: A university medical clinic with 24-hour emergency services available.
- Maintenance services are available around the clock.
The Housing Department organizes various non-academic activities to enhance the students' academic performance and self-confidence. These activities include:
- Excursions for Jordanian and non-Jordanian students residing on board the ship. These outings aim to introduce students to the Jordanian tourist areas.
- Sports activities organized inside the residence stadiums or in the university's stadium.
- Cultural and educational activities carried out through the organization of various cultural, sports and artistic courses and competitions
- The housing premises are managed 24 hours a day by qualified and experienced supervisors, who provide academic, social and psychological support when needed. The housing administration is working hard to improve its services and provide the most suitable study environment for students.