- The idea of a "career guidance and alumni office" appeared as one of the recommendations of the 2003 Jordan Youth Forum, which was held under the patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al-Hussein, where the royal directives emphasized the importance of creating a link for communication and partnership between students and civil society institutions that help To support and nurture excellence and creativity among students, and to create mechanisms and programs in universities to connect graduates with the labor market and introduce them to it.
- And based on the directions of the master of the country, the idea of establishing career counseling and alumni offices / King Abdullah II Fund for Development began in public and private Jordanian universities, to work on qualifying university students by providing them with life skills and personal competencies to achieve development goals and encourage creativity and excellence to reach the optimal investment of energies The sons of the homeland, which increases their employment opportunities and paves the way for a successful career path.
- In the year 2004 AD, the Office of Career Guidance and alumni / King Abdullah II Fund for Development was established at the Jordan University of Science and Technology.
- On 18/5/2015 AD, the university signed a memorandum of understanding with the King Abdullah II Fund for Development to develop the Office of Career Advising and alumni, which resulted in the development of business plans for these offices in accordance with the most advanced work standards in the field of career counseling and the alumni in the world.
- On 22/10/2015 AD, a joint committee from the university and the management of the King Abdullah II Fund for Development in Amman conducted interviews with a large number of university employees for the purposes of filling a set of vacancies available in the Office of Career Guidance and alumni/ King Abdullah II Fund for Development. After an internal announcement was issued, signed by the President of the University, for those wishing to apply for a group of jobs in the office, namely:
Dean of Student Affairs.
Director of the career guidance and alumni office
Career Counseling Specialist.
Administrative and Training Coordinator.
Activities and Partnerships Coordinator.
- On 26/10/2015, the committee submitted its report and its recommendation to the professor, the president of the university, with the names of the persons chosen to fill the aforementioned vacancies.
- On 18/01/2016, the University President issued a decision appointing a director for the Office of Career Guidance and Graduate Follow-up.
- On 28/3/2016 AD, a letter was received from the President of the Higher Education Accreditation Commission, accompanied by a letter from the Director General of the King Abdullah II Fund for Development, confirming the university's commitment to implementing one of the terms of the memorandum of understanding related to providing qualified and necessary human cadres to fill vacant positions in the office.
- On 17/4/2016 a decision was issued to assign a career counseling specialist and graduate follow-up coordinator, from the persons selected by the committee.
- On 10/16/2016, the University President announced the office's need to fill the remaining vacancies, which are: Coordinator of Activities and Partnerships, and Training Coordinator, and up to now no one has been appointed.
- On 1
/11/2016, after the approval of Prof. Dr. Rector, the headquarters of the Office of Career Advising and Graduates Follow-up was moved to the building of the Civil Society Development Center previously.