Featured Project: "Urban sustainable development SOLutions Valuing Entreprenership (U-SOLVE)"
Full title: Urban sustainable development SOLutions Valuing Entreprenership
Thematic objective: A.1 Business and SMEs development
Priority: A.1.1 Start-ups and recently established enterprises
Countries: Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Jordan, Palestine, Egypt
- ARCA Consortium
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development
- University of Cyprus
- Jordan University of Science and Technology
- Palestine Ahliya University
- Academy of Scientific Research and Technology
- BETHLEHEM MUNICIPALITY
- MUNICIPAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF TRIKALA MUNICIPALITY – e-TRIKALA SA
- The Cyprus Institute
- The Higher Council for Science and Technology/ International Cooperation Department
About the project
The implementation of the United Nations 'Sustainable Development Goals' in urban areas is of crucial importance to make our cities sustainable, livable and resilient over the long term. Vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystems can bring a valuable contribution in designing innovative solutions that have a positive impact against the negative effects of climate change. To ensure potential entrepreneurs, especially young people, can turn ideas into actual businesses, an enabling ecosystem, supported by public authorities, is needed. U-SOLVE intends to enhance support to young entrepreneurs in urban areas with focus on the environment and sustainable development. The project will create experimental pathways for place-based strategies, suitable for the Mediterranean countries, where the entrepreneurial energy is oriented towards sustainable and integrated territorial development.
To create a model of urban development based on innovative entrepreneurship, addressing sustainable development challenges, boosting urban business ecosystems and creating jobs in emerging social and environmental markets.
- Promote youth and female population entrepreneurship and participation to a co-planned model of intervention and economic growth of the areas where this population lives.
- Promote and sustain the economic growth of these areas through the promotion of new creative industries.
- Create new entrepreneurship and employment in the green and blue economy based upon innovation and sustainable development principles.
- Identify, develop and test an Innovative Process for Urban development based on doughnut economy.
- Experiment a model of Sustainable Urban Metabolism based on entrepreneurial governance.
Who will benefit
- 420 Young and Women entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs
- Local Urban populations
- 30 start-ups operating in urban contexts
Total Budget: 3.5 M€
EU contribution: 3.2 M€
Project co-financing: 10%
15/10/2020 – 15/4/2023
Prof. Fahmi Abu Al-Rub
Telephon: +962 2 7201000 ext. 22360
Mobile: +962 7 962 75161
Fax: +962 2 7201073