Project Name: Vocational Training Diploma on Electrical and Hybrid Vehicles (ECO-CAR)
Vocational Training Diploma on Electrical and Hybrid Vehicles
The Main objective of ECO-CAR Project is to develop a multidisciplinary diploma in the field of Electrical and Hybrid cars as well as to bring together and strengthen the cooperation between companies and HEIs.
The primary purpose of this project is to develop the capacities in the field of Electrical and Hybrid cars in Jordan, and bring together and strengthen the cooperation between companies and HEIs through the empowering the engineers with needed skills in that meet the market need. This include providing specialized engineers to work in servicing and maintaining EV/HEV companies and also providing the vocational training centers with qualified trainers to graduate qualified technicians that able to meet market needs.
HEIs are not highly engaged to the larger society that can lead to graduates less desirable by enterprises and companies. This can be alleviated by establishing truly collaborative relationship between HEIs and enterprises. This is one of the purposes of establishing a strong Network in the field of EV/HEV. The enterprise involvement in the course should be active and proactive. New learning methods and pedagogical approaches will be used in this project that would intrigue the interest of younger generations.
- Establish a collaboration Network between HEIs, enterprises, and Vocational training centers;
- Capacity building for academic staff on recent Electrical and Hybrid vehicles and new teaching methodologies (i.e. blended learning), to let them acquire the needed knowledge and skills to teach the diploma.
- Accredited Professional and Vocational and career oriented diploma on EV/HEV targeting engineers with the true integration of enterprises and Vocational training centers; to graduate engineers and technicians meet the market demand. The diploma will consist of 8 courses. The courses will be designed with clear learning outcomes and materials, accredited in each partner university, jointly taught and delivered, tailored to utilize new technologies;
- Integrating courses with existing B.Sc., and M.Sc. programmes (Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering).
- Enhance a vocational training diploma programs for students who don't have access to universities
- Establish Electric and Hybrid Vehicle labs to recognize the different parts of the vehicle and conduct experiments
- To exploit the results by organizing knowledge transfer events to other practitioners.
- Developing a Professional and career oriented diploma on Electrical and Hybrid vehicles for Engineers. The minimum requirement for admission in such diploma is a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Improve University enterprise cooperation through doing internships in vehicles companies
|P #||Name||Partner acronym||Logo |
|P1||The University of Jordan, Applicant, Jordan||UJ|||
Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
Mutah University, Jordan
Tafila Technical University, Jordan
Al-Balqa Applied University, Jordan
Al-Hussein bin Abdullah II Technical University, Jordan
Applied Science University, Jordan
Al-Zaytoonah University of Jordan, Jordan
Technische Hochschule Ostwestfalen-LIPPE , Germany
Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Germany
Universidad de la Iglesia de Deusto, Spain
Budapesti Muszaki es Gazdasagtudomanyi Egyetem, Hungaria
National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Universita of L'Aquila
Announcement as PDF file can be found here