GreenBuilding: "Minimising Energy Consumption for Green Buildings respecting present uses and public needs" (2019 - 2021), ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme (ENI CBC Med Programme) 2014-2020.
GreenBuilding project is co-funded by the European Union under the European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI), through the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme (ENI CBC Med Programme) 2014-2020 in the framework of the call for standard projects, thematic objective B.4 - Environmental protection, climate change adaptation and mitigation (Address common challenges in environment), priority B.4.3 - Support cost-effective and innovative energy rehabilitations relevant to building types and climatic zones, with a focus on public buildings.
The project, started in August 2019, aims at reducing energy consumption and adverse environmental impact, by using RES and energy efficiency measures in public buildings, since renewable energies represent a natural competitive advantage for MED area. The GreenBuilding Consortium is composed of 7 partners from 2 EU - Mediterranean Countries (EUMCs) (Greece, Spain) and 3 MPC - Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPCs) (Lebanon, Tunisia, Jordan).
The project will:
- Plan/support 3 cost-effective public buildings energy refurbishment in Greece, Tunisia and Jordan, respecting present uses/public needs, and monitor refurbishment effectiveness via energy measuring devices.
- Promote ecological public building use, abiding by their traditional use and social role, changing building users' & society existing way of thinking into a more environment-friendly perspective.
- Identify cost-effective energy refurbishment approaches; and strengthen learning processes; thus ensuring sustainable transition to low carbon economy.
- Provide innovative building energy refurbishment plans/measures to increase public institutions capacity to respond to negative environmental impacts
- Enhance knowledge/experience exchange between involved bodies, that is necessary for the high-energy efficiency refurbishment activities.
- Plan/implement sustainable energy policies at high decision levels, developing a unified strategic framework of EUMCs/MPCs in environment protection and energy efficiency.
For more information about the GreenBuilding project, please visit its Webpage, Facebook and Twitter.