The Department of Development, Evaluation, and Planning
The Department of Development, Evaluation, and Planning was created with the aim of optimizing and strengthening the strategic planning process while prioritizing the ongoing improvement of faculty members and students of the university. This department comprises two essential sub departments: the Academic Development and Evaluation department, and the Studies and Planning department. The Academic Development and Evaluation department is dedicated to continuously enhancing the capabilities of faculty members and students through active engagement in workshops and training sessions that focus on teaching methodologies and learning. Also, develop, evaluate, and improve study plans to ensure they meet the required standards. Additionally, collect and analyze information to assess the achievement of goals within the appropriate framework, while also measuring the outcomes and impact on service recipients.
Also, the Academic Development and Evaluation department provides opportunities for students to improve their learning strategies by providing additional academic support via workshops and seminars as well as a tutoring center to support the students who are struggling in their courses.
The Studies and Planning department plays a crucial role in the strategic planning process. Its primary focus is to stay updated on developments, seize opportunities, and overcome challenges, all leading to the achievement of established goals. Furthermore, it closely monitors the implementation of the strategic plan and evaluates its success using performance indicators developed in collaboration with faculties, centers, units, and administrative departments. Additionally, it provides studies and data on various university faculties and departments, contributing to informed decision-making at the University Presidency.
The Academic Development and Evaluation department's core responsibilities include:
- Follow-up on Qualification Exams.
- Follow up Complaints and Suggestions.
- Monitoring Questionnaires and Surveys.
- Distinguished Teacher Award.
- Tracking Students' Assessment of Study Courses.
- Conducting Training Workshops.
- Provide opportunities for students to improve their learning stratigies by providing additional academic support via workshops and seminars.
The Studies and Planning department's core responsibilities include:
- Active participation in the development of draft strategic plans and operational plans.
- Ensuring the successful implementation of the university's strategic plan by aligning planning and performance measurement through the comparison of predetermined indicators and targets.
- Regularly following up on the preparation of achievement ratio reports at the objective, program, and project levels for all faculties and units. These reports are submitted quarterly or biannually, along with recommendations to address any deviations or imbalances.
- Assisting academic faculties and administrative units in crafting their strategic and operational plans.
- Facilitating the collection of data and the calculation of performance indicators for the university's strategic plans across faculties and units.
- Monitoring the achievements of academic faculties and administrative units in accordance with the University's strategic plan. This involves measuring performance and ensuring the efficiency of these accomplishments.
Workshops for 2022-2023:
1- How to make good ppt presentation (October 16-7, 2022).
2- How to prepare for exams (November 13-14, 2022).
3- How to make good graduation projects (December 18-19, 2022).
4- How to avoid stress in exams (February 19-20, 2023).
5- How to develop critical thinking (March 19-20, 2023).