ISO is a quality assurance system that positively affect the quality management system. It helps the certificate holders to perform their operations more efficiently and keep track of all jobs done with the associated documents. This potentially leads to better performance, less mistakes, and thus, better customer satisfaction.
At Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST), most of the managerial units, centers, and departments have certified the ISO 9001:2015, and some of them have had the certificate since 2012. During the last visit made by the external auditor, 27 certificates have received by different holders in JUST.
The deanship of Academic Development and Quality Assurance (ADQA) at JUST plays a great role in initializing and maintaining the ISO systems. Its role can be summarized in the following main duties:
- Publishing awareness about the importance of the ISO system through the visits and workshops that carried out by the (ADQA) staff.
- Organizing internal audit workshops to qualify auditors who can help the (ADQA) to perform the internal audit process.
- Planning and performing the internal audit process to evaluate the situation of the ISO systems of the certified holders.
- Plan and implement a management review meeting that will make decisions and recommendations to improve the working mechanism of The ISO systems.
- Organizing the external audit process.
- Receiving the non-compliances report from the external auditors, managing, and mentoring the correction actions.
The (ADQA) has a future vision to wide spread the quality assurance principles and help other units in JUST to be certified by ISO.