The Centre undertakes the following tasks:
• Organizing basic and advanced workshops on water science, law, and diplomacy for Arab participants from all over the Mashraq region (perhaps the Middle East/West Asia and North Africa depending on the ambition of JUST).
• Develop and implement an educational strategy to integrate with a university education to provide graduates with appropriate and sufficient concepts and information to advance the water sector and its related sectors to remarkable levels.
• Develop and implement a strategy to communicate with local water users and existing water initiatives, including those that [are transboundary], to reach audiences [throughout the region].
• Developing and implementing a program of workshops for building the capabilities of graduates in water sciences and law, as well as other concerned professionals in the areas of discussions and diplomatic methods of dialogue related to the water sector and qualifying competencies capable of advancing this sector throughout the region.
• Coordination with all concerned parties in the water sector of the countries concerned through appropriate channels to encourage a clear vision of the shared transboundary water basins, collect information related to water basins, dams, and rivers that exist in the region and create a unique reference for researchers in the water sector.
• Formation of trainers in the sector with specific transboundary knowledge and competence under a unified center providing them with the latest global experiences and systematic methods.
• Adopting and encouraging competitions for innovative pilot projects that serve the water sector.
• Networking between researchers, specialists, and the sectors concerned with the subject of water through preparing, building, and managing a website specialized in this field.