to the Center for E-Learning and Open Educational Resources
The Center for E-Learning and Open Educational Resources supports and promotes technological initiatives that enhance student access and engagement in the classroom, as well as faculty excellence in the integration of educational technology into their teaching and research agendas.
The center reviews, evaluates and enhances the instructional methods applied at the university from a technological point of view. Moreover, the center aims to stay up-to-date with the latest educational technologies to integrate them into the university educational system, and to improve the experience of both students and faculty members.
The goal of the center is to promote university education through modern methods of teaching and learning which are rooted in learning theory and practice and are enabled by up-to-date educational technology and systematic data-driven techniques of learning analytics.
The center mainly focuses on the following areas:
- The next generation of digital learning environments and resources.
- New teaching and educational methods to increase student engagement.
- Data-driven methods for learning analytics.
- Educational research.
- Promoting for open educational resources and massive open educational courses (MOOCs).
- Applying inclusive learning in classrooms to include all students regardless to their needs
Dr. Mahmoud Hammad
Director of Center for e-Learning and Open Educational Resources