The incubator provides the following services for incubated projects:
- Provide a suitable work place for the incubated project.
- Provide the basic office equipment necessary for the project such as desk, computer, and Internet connection.
- Use incubator facilities, laboratories, and equipment and coordinate the use of other services such as engineering workshops, medical laboratories, and the nanotechnology center.
- Provide technical consultation.
- Any other services that are possible after being approved.
Prusa i3 MK2S
25 x 21 x20 cm
305 × 305 × 605 mm print area
VersaCAMM VS-640i Printer/cutter
Mcor IRIS Full Color 3D
5760 x 1440 x 508 dpi
256 × 169 × 150 mm build
Laser Cutting &
1300 x 900 mm
Ultimaker 3 extended
197 x 215 x 300 mm build volume
inch layer resolution
Incubation of Innovative projects mechanism:
center announces about incubation requests reception periodically or
through making contests for innovative projects and ideas in specific or
general fields and incubate the winners.
- One of the members for the proposed project should apply an incubation request including the following information:
- Names of project members, signatures, SSN and contact info; like phone number & e-mail address.
Detailed explanation of the proposed product and to provide scientific
evidence of the principle that works on it such as successful model or
scientific research results of the proposed idea.
team members are allowed to be from inside or outside the university.
4- Prove that the idea of the project is innovative or that the proposed
product is capable of manufacturing and marketing through an initial
survey of patents and similar products while highlighting points of
differences and what makes the project excellent.
measures are taken by the incubator to ensure the intellectual property
rights of the members of the proposed project team through the signing
of the non-disclosure agreement.
application shall be evaluated by the Innovation Committee for
appropriate decision. The Council may also draw upon the expertise of
experts within or outside the University, taking into account the
intellectual property rights of the members of the proposed project
- After the initial
approval of the application, the members of the team undergo through
training courses and workshops in entrepreneurship and making business
plans that held by the Center, which prepares them to start a detailed
work plan for their proposed project and how to manage it. Applicants
must provide the Committee with a detailed work plan for the incubation
period within two weeks of their training courses completion, including the following:
- The incubation period required, which is a maximum of 12 months, can be extended according to justifications.
working plan on the project during the incubation period until reaching
a marketable product with focusing on the quarterly milestones of the
project through which the progress of the project will be assessed.
required amount of financial support and its proposed banks which shall
not exceed twelve thousand Jordanian Dinars, including the costs of
applying for a patent or copyright, if any, and the costs of lodging in
the incubator and all services such as engineering workshops,
laboratories and consultations.
study of the market size of the proposed product and the amount of
expected returns during the first five years of the product after
- In case
of approval on the work plan, the initial period of incubation shall be
determined and a specific budget allocated for the project, different
disbursements shall be determined also.
the incubation period, patents or copyright shall be registered as soon
as possible through the Technology Transfer Office of the Center. The
incubated project does undergo through a follow-up progress through
quarterly reports followed by a brief presentation to the Committee.
Progress and decision are then assessed for the subsequent period as follows:
- If the results of the evaluation are positive (that is, the progress is made within the pre-planned plan), the decision shall continue.
- If the results of the evaluation are not positive (that is, the progress is less than expected), the decision will be continuous but the project will be given a warning to compensate for the shortfall during the subsequent period.
- If the results of the evaluation are negative (that is, the progress is poor) or the results of the non-positive evaluation are repeated, the decision will lose support for the project and end it`s incubation.
- Financial support may include monthly bonuses for team members working on the sponsored project in accordance with the following provisions:
- The award of a master's degree holder should not exceed 400 Jordanian dinars in case of total work.
- The award of a bachelor's student should not exceed 150 dinars in case of total work.
- A Master's degree student may receive a grant or a scholarship from the university at the same time.
- If one of the employees working on an incubator project and those who receive a reward from the center, has been cut off from work in the incubator and left for more than a month without prior notice or coercive excuse, he is warned to return. If he does not respond to the committee's justifications, he loses all his rights and contribution to the project.
- A faculty member supervising a sponsored or participating project shall not receive any remuneration from the incubator.
- The participation of a faculty member in the work on an incubated project is considered part of his teaching package and equivalent to supervision of a master's thesis.
- The provisions of the companies emanating from the incubator:
- After the incubation period, the incubator company has the right to apply for a stay in the incubator for a specified period, provided that the company is responsible for the costs of accommodation and any services or consultations it needs.
- Legal procedures are taken to properly register the company.
The share of the Center from the shares of the companies emanating from the incubator shall be as follows:
- If the incubation period is exclusively supported by the center, the percentage is 25%.
- If the incubation period is supported by an external financing source according to a special agreement with the Center, the percentage shall be as provided in the terms of this Agreement.
- If the company wishes to benefit from one of the patents registered on behalf of the university, the university grants the company a license to use this patent, and the company pays compensation to the university against this license, in accordance with a license contract signed between them. The financial compensation between the University and the patent inventors shall be distributed according to the model signed by the Technology Transfer Office that follows the Center.
The number of incubators inside the technology incubator is 10 incubators.
And the number of incubators in the business accelerator is 6 incubators.