Director, Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects
Prof. Muhannad Quwaider
Welcome to the Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects
The Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects was established at Jordan University of Science and Technology to provide the appropriate, technical environment to support and sponsor innovators from both the university and local community.
The center has a range of facilities and services to support and sponsor innovative people; develop their skills and innovativeness--starting from creating the initial product; passing on to the service model; and finally the establishment and the commercial launch of small businesses.
The Technical Incubator provides the necessary technical support to design and build prototypes of products and services.
The Training Department develops the personal, technical, and entrepreneurial skills of the innovators. The Marketing Department, on the other hand, promotes products and services; attracts customers and investors. The Technology Transfer Office, however, is largely concerned with the protection of intellectual property rights by documenting innovative ideas, registering patents, and managing them.
The Center also sponsors and supports pioneering and creative initiatives that benefit the university and the local community; or contribute to solving social, economic, academic, and health problems.
Goal of the Center
The Center aims to achieve sustainable development by providing the appropriate technical environment and supporting creativity and in various industrial and service fields. And, furthermore, developing preliminary models for products that can be manufactured and marketed; or innovating services by incubating them as emerging companies that would later turn into small, independent, and productive companies thereby supporting the national economy by transforming into a knowledge-based economy in multiple, productive disciplines.
The vision of the Center is to become a hub for creativity, innovation, and excellence. The Center also aims to be a driven source for knowledge-based economy, and a fertile ground for nurturing future industry leaders and intrepid entrepreneurs.
The Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects was established to support innovative and creative ideas, projects, and initiatives both in the university and the local community; and to provide the appropriate environment to convert them into commercial products and services that contribute to the sustainable development of the national economy.
- Spreading and disseminating the culture of innovation, creativity, leadership, excellence, and entrepreneurship at the university and society.
- Encouraging innovators to unleash their creative energies by embracing them and providing them with the necessary support to develop their products through startup companies within the university.
- Providing the appropriate environment for emerging companies to access financing opportunities, investors, and all forms of technical and logistical support that will help them become stable and self-sufficient companies.
- Qualifying and training specialized human cadres in the field of development of innovation-based projects, with a focus on the technology and knowledge component.
- Registration of patents and matters related to technology transfer through the Center's Technology Transfer Office.
- Strengthening the relationship between the university, industry and the private sector and working to attract investment capital to finance the production and marketing of creative products for emerging and independent companies.
- Strengthening the relationship with similar national and international centers and institutions, and participating in pioneering projects nationally and internationally.
- Contributing to supporting education and training activities and exploring talents and creative energies to achieve outstanding performance for talented and creative people on a national scale.
- Support and sponsor all educational, training and research activities and student projects that can lead to products that can be manufactured and commercially marketed, and provide distinguished technical services to develop them.
Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects
Tel. : 00962-2-7201000/ Ext. : 26869
Email: email@example.com Lacation