1. To equip the university's constituencies (students, faculty, and staff) with the various interpersonal and intercommunicative skills and tools required to meet current and future developmental challenges by:
Assessing training needs and revision of curricular activities;
Developing appropriate and culturally relevant training materials;
Conducting training by means of facilitated workshops, invited speakers, field studies, and work placements; and
Promoting higher levels of gender awareness, social tolerance, and non-violent conflict management.
2. To define the various developmental challenges facing Jordanian civil society in light of the ongoing democratization process, with an initial emphasis on North Jordan, by:
Researching issues of political representation, voting patterns, gender analysis, youth employment, management of change, religious diversity, and family protection; and
Conducting research to establish baseline data.
3. To contribute to the social empowerment and development of local communities by:
Analyzing and understanding the context of social empowerment as being beneficial to all members of the university community and the local communities;
Encouraging active engagement with the local community with the aim of promoting the character and development of both Center participants and their communities; and
Developing targeted exercises for various communities in order to build skills and raise awareness.
4. To establish and strengthen ties with local, national, and international organizations and bodies that share the Center's mission by:
Identifying possible future partners at the local level (e.g., women's and youth groups, NGO's, and local authorities); national level (government bodies, ministries, Parliament, independent foundations, and other Jordanian universities); and international level (NGO's, bilateral development agencies, multilateral and UN organizations, independent institutes and foundations, and foreign universities); and
Creating and maintaining work partnerships, participant exchanges, and knowledge sharing through research, training, and dissemination activities.
5. To advocate and disseminate continuously the Center's mission within the university, the local community, and the country at large by:
Designing, implementing, and maintaining an appropriate communication strategy;
Investing in the participants as positive agents of change within their own communities (e.g., by the training of trainers); and
Working in partnership with the media.