Towards excellence in academic development and quality assurance in both academic and administrative spheres
ISO is a quality assurance system that positively affect the quality management system. It helps the certificate holders to perform their operations more efficiently and keep track of all jobs done with the associated documents. This potentially leads to better performance, less mistakes, and thus, better customer satisfaction.
At Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST), most of managerial unis, centers, and departments have certified the ISO 9001:2015, some of them have the certificate since 2012. During the last visit made by the external registrar, 27 certificates have received by different holders in JUST.
Academic Development and Quality Assurance Center (ADQAC) at JUST plays a great role in initializing and maintaining the ISO systems. Its role can be summarized in the following main duties:
- Publishing the awareness about importance of ISO system through the visits and workshops that carried out by the ADQAC stuff.
- Organizing internal audit workshops to qualify auditors who can help the ADQAC to perform the internal audit process.
- Planning and performing the internal audit process to evaluate the situation of the ISO systems of the certified holders before the external audit. This could reduce the number non-compliances that can appear during the external audit.
- Organizing the external audit process.
- Receiving the non-compliances report from the external auditors and managing and mentoring the correction actions.
The ADQAC has a future vision to wide-spread the quality assurance principles and helps other units in JUST to be certified by ISO.