Students who have studied at other Universities/College/Community College can transfer some credit hours according to course equivalence requirements as follows:
- Once the student has obtained the university ID, completed the admission process and opened the file in the admission and registration unit, the student should submit the following documents to the deanship of the faculty at which he/she was admitted:
- Certified Transcript of the courses studied and issued by the other university also certified by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Studied course description certified by the department/university the courses were taught.
university, from which the courses are transferred, must be recognized
by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
For the universities that are not recognised by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, the student needs to provide the registrar with a proof document stating the recognition of the university in which the student studied.
the student was accepted in the university and he/she had successfully
completed credit hours at another university or college or community
college recognized by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education, sush
that the number of equivalent credit hours is equal or less than the successfully completed credit hours at the other university or college or community college if equivalent in terms of content. The Dean of the faculty assigns a committee to equivalise the course in which he/she scored above 50% or its equivalent, provided that it has not been studied for more than seven years (provided that the submission and completion of the procedures of equivalence during the first year of enrollment in the university or the new specialization).
- In all cases, the total number of transferred hours for a student outside the university shall not exceed:
- 60 credit hours in the Faculties of Applied Medical
Sciences, Nursing, Agriculture, Science and Arts, Department of
Computer Science and Computer Information Systems, Administration and
- 75 credit hours for Engineering Faculty,
Aarchitecture and Design, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Computer
- One semester of the upper limit of the duration of the study shall be deducted for 15 credit hours equivalised for the student
- Equivalency of credit hours for students in the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry. In addition to the above mentioned in clause (2), the student must fulfill the following conditions:
- The student should has been enrolled as a full time student and submit a document proving that he/she has attended at least (80%) of the total work.
- To transfer to the level of the second year and above, the student's GPA should be above 68% (2.5 out of 4.2) or has a good rate in all courses taught at that university.
- It is not permissible to move to any year above the fourth year of medicine and the third year of dentistry (to study at least 3 consecutive years).