The centre's mandate is:
To participate in the national and international efforts towards achieving sustainable development by Energy utilization and conservation and sustain its natural resources against improper use/overuse and pollution in an integrated manner that takes into consideration economic growth and other factors through education, research and services.
The centre's main objectives fall within the following domains:
Education and Training
Develop the curriculum for a program of master of science in Energy Technology with entry from different engineering disciplines responsive to local and global needs, problems and knowledge gaps.
Devise and offer specific training courses and vocational training modules for engineering managers and professionals in private industrial, and public sectors.
The objective of these courses is to promote energy awareness and policies and decision making processes.
Organize seminars, workshops and public lectures on issues pertaining to energy by academia and industrial experts.
Create and maintain national public-private partnerships with professional, trade, and educational associations to deliver appropriate energy education and training.
Promote effective energy and environmental education programs in high schools, colleges, and universities.
Contribute to the improvement of energy utilization to serve global environmental issues through international programs and partnerships in energy education and training.
Conduct applied research with the specific objectives of dealing with energy needs and local problems identified either by the private or public sectors.
Carry out integrated research programs addressing sustainable development issues that will aid in the development and implementation of National Energy Strategy Plans with regard to the use of natural resources and their management.
There are three research groups
working in the center:-
Renewable Energy Research Group (JUST-RERG)
Energy Efficiency Research Group
Nuclear Energy Research Group (JUST-NERG)
Services and Consultation
- Support economic development and international competitiveness through facilitating the use of proper energy practices and technology.
- Perform energy auditing for local industry and corporations.
- Prepare and write energy oriented impact statements for industrial and infra-structure projects.
- Provide laboratory and consultancy services in energy oriented impact assessment and auditing.
- Establish close and continuing relationships with business and industry, private and public sectors and with relevant energy organizations.
- Participate in national, regional and international meetings and conferences on the energy.
- Establish and maintain organizational sustainability and financial self-sufficiency.
Jordan University of Science and Technology has a tradition of recruiting well qualified individuals as faculty and staff in all different fields of study. The majority of the faculty received their education and expertise in U.S.A., Canada, United Kingdom, and Germany. The centre's staff consists of faculty members all with training and experience in areas related to the energy.
The following are facilities at JUST made available for the centre's activities:
- Teaching and research laboratories at the colleges of engineering, sciences, and others.
- Computer laboratories and the Computer centre.
- University library.