NANO TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE
The newly established JUST institute of Nanotechnology is the first institute in Jordan; which is specialized in nanotechnology research and education. Launching such institute is important in innovation and stimulation of scientific research as well as promotion of research role in different scientific field according to both the Kingdome and the university strategic plans. This is through participating in the countries' development and to enhance the research quality nationwide.
The institute was established first as a Nanotechnology center in September 2010 to establish a closer relationship between the university, and both the public, and private sectors. Then it was transferred to an institute in order to serve the academic field with highly professional graduates from its unique master's program in Nano Engineering and Nano Science. Also, to participate in the national and international efforts toward achieving nanotechnology-based solutions to problem related to energy, healthcare and water treatment.
Vision: Promotion of higher education institutes and research role to reach advanced level of research and provide a highly skilled and well educated expertise in interdisciplinary area.
Nanotechnology has started to make a big footprint in the global economic marker. It is an area that has developed promising solutions to 21st century challenges by naturally blending various skill sets from biological, medical, chemical and engineering sciences. Our mission is to build on the skill sets that already exist under the belt of the university curricula. Aimed to offer and develop a nanotechnology based solutions that will serve the best interest of Jordan and its society in a variety of ways.
- Linking nanotechnology researchers with the industry to find solutions for challenges faced in the industry.
- To provide research and development environment for researchers from Jordan and the region in micro and nanotechnology.
- Have a significant impact on the educational output and research in the field of nanotechnology.
- Create a pool of researchers and trained experts in Nano-application.
- Attract local and international researchers and investors from the industry.
- Increase local awareness about nanotechnology and nanotechnology research output.
- Establishment of new educational programs in nanotechnology.
- Provide an opportunity for students and researchers to conduct high quality research.
Services provided by the institute of Nanotechnology:
· Research labs.
· Research Partnerships.
· Characterizations by using state of the art equipment and facilities. (For more details please visit the facilities link under research)
· Device fabrication.