The pediatric lab provides safe training
environment for all students in pediatric practical course. It aims at
preparing students to acquire nursing skills before moving to the actual
clinical setting. It also helps students to master the skills needed to provide
high quality and safe nursing care and to develop their self-confidence.
The lab is located in
the third floor at the faculty of nursing building
The lab is open to all
students on all days from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
The lab consists of one
teaching room with a space that accommodates about 30 students.
procedures that students can practice using pediatrics' simulation models are:
• Head-to-Toe Assessment.
• Monitoring vital signs (pulse,
respiratory rate, blood pressure and temperature)
• Administration of Oral Medication
• Initiation of Peripheral Intravenous
• Replacement of Intravenous Tubing and
• Administration of Intravenous Piggyback
• Administration of IV Push Medication
Some of the simulation models and
equipment used in the pediatric lab are:
- Medical beds
- measurements devices
- virtual intravenous