Medical and surgical nursing Lab (3) Provides safe
training environment for all nursing students in practical courses. The aim of
this lab is to prepare nursing students to acquire nursing skills and master
the skills needed to provide high quality, safe nursing care and develop their
self-confidence before moving to the real clinical settings.
lab is located on the Second Floor of the faculty of nursing building
- The lab has
two teaching rooms with spaces that could accommodate 30 students for each, and
one meeting room. - Basically students
can practice procedures on designed models based on their course level.
Such procedures and skills include:
- Head-to-Toe Assessment.
- Monitoring vital signs.
- Oxygen therapy.
- Chest physiotherapy.
- Medical & Surgical Asepsis,
- Patient Hygiene.
- Nasogastric tube insertion,
Irrigation, Administering Enteral Nutrition, Removal
- Extraction of Blood Samples.
- Initiation of Peripheral
- Administration of Intravenous
Solution, replacement of Intravenous Tubing.
- Medication administration (oral, intravenous
- Male and female urinary
- Colostomy care.
- Application of cast and traction.
Some of the models & equipment's available in
the lab are:
model for full practical simulation of care & patient
assessment for male and female procedure.
- Different models to illustrate the types of injuries and wounds ( Diabetic
foot models, Wounds models).
- Medical beds.
- TVs + video + recorded tapes in the field of
- Sugar testing devices.
Different types of thermometers for measuring body temperature.
Blood pressure apparatus.
Oxygen cylinder and regulator.
- Diagnostic test for ENT.
- Dental and heart and ear models.
For more details contact lab Supervisor Sanaa Naffaa at (23631).