A short-term practical training for the duration of about two months and/or 8 weeks will be conducted at each engineering department after the student complete a total of 117 credit hours successfully. This engineering training course aims to provide exposure to some of the modern experimental engineering tools, skills and practices. Accredited private and public expert companies and institutions are involved in conducting this training so as to cover various disciplines of engineering technology. The participants will be interacting with experts in their fields and will get acquainted with practical aspects of various modern techniques along with the underlying engineering principles. The students who are planning to enroll in this course are encouraged to look for training opportunities by the coordination with the training advisor at each department. The companies and institutions where the students are planning to receive their training are supposed to be accredited from the related department. Generally, the students may apply for accrediting a company at the faculty of engineering in the case the company is not listed among the accredited catalog.
Students are responsible for coordinating with the training advisor for follow up in regards to the training instructions, training deadlines, report deadline, list of accredited companies and available opportunities.
The students may receive training in any accredited company or institution inside Jordan or overseas. The engineering training section also provides sponsored engineering training opportunities from Arab Council for Training Students of Arab Universities (ACTSAU) and IAESTE in Europe.
Training Request Application - طلب تدريب هندسي إلكتروني
Forms to be filled by the student (trainee):
- Form No. 1: Student Training Preferences Form: This form should be filled by the students before training.
- Form No. 2: Training Institution Information Form: This form should be filled by the student at the beginning of training.
- Form No. 3: Daily Logbook Form: This form should be filled by the student during the training period.
Forms to be filled by the training advisor at the student's academic department:
- Form No. 4: Trainee Nominations Form: This form should be filled by the training advisor at the student's academic department before training.
- Form No. 5: Engineering Training Approval Form: This form should be filled by the training advisor at the student's academic department after finishing training.
Form to be filled by the training supervisor at the training institution:
Training Report Template
The students may follow the provided word templates for their reports.
Good samples of training reports:
Sample of Training Report from Chemical Engineering
Sample of Training Report from Civil Engineering
Sample of Training Report from Electrical Engineering
The students are held responsible for conforming to the training instructions.
Tasks for training advisors
Training advisors may follow these guidelines to facilitate the training process.