To stay ahead in chemical engineering education quality and research.
Provide students with a high caliber education in the chemical engineering field through a well coordinated, dynamic and practical program with an up-to-date content, professional skills, knowledge, and quality research. The acquired knowledge covers chemical engineering fundamentals and exposure to emerging technologies that prepare graduates for a challenging career in chemical engineering and to be pioneers contributing to the comprehensive sustainable national development plans.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
The educational objectives of the Chemical Engineering Program at JUST are to produce graduates who:
- Have a strong foundation of scientific and technical knowledge and are equipped with problem solving, critical-thinking, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Are successful in the different chemical engineering careers.
- Actively integrate ethical and social codes, environmental regulations, and safety issues into their professional careers.
- Demonstrate leadership in their chosen fields.
- Pursue research and advanced studies.
- Participate in identifying contemporary challenges and/or propose a plan of action to tackle them.
Students Outcomes (SO's)
Upon completion of the degree program, students will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet the desired needs.
- An ability to function within multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education to understand the impacts of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practices.
- Recognition of safety needs, and an ability to adhere to the safety rules and regulations.
Mapping Program Educational Objectives (PEO) to Student Outcomes (SO)