The Chemical Engineering Club
In 2007, a student initiative led to the establishment of the Chemical Engineering Club (ChE Club) in the Chemical Engineering Department at JUST. Since its inception, the club has worked as a collaborative body to provide services and help to the department’s student in various academic, educational, and social areas. Currently, the club is expanding its role to act as a liaison between the students and the faculty in an effort to enhance the educational process and strengthen the ties between them. The club ambitions is to expand outside the department and university and participate in external activities with the university students in general, the chemical engineering organizations in Jordan, and local community at large.
The ChE Club is open to all chemical engineering students. The current club members include students from all academic levels and is hoping to gather more members as its operation matures. Previous and current members has helped in organizing many activities and events benefiting the students. Activities include several workshops, social events, inviting speakers, and publishing a periodic newsletter.
The objectives of the club are:
1. To promote the professional development of chapter members by its programs and by its relations with the parent body, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, and other professional chemical engineering organizations in Jordan.
2. To promote better awareness of the nature of chemical engineering
profession among current and prospective department students, and
within the university and local communities.
3. To establish and promote a professional code of conduct among the department students.
4. To participate in professional activities held by the university.
5. To strengthen relations among the students and between the students and the academic staff of the department.
6. To promote collaboration between chemical engineering departments at the different universities within Jordan.