The department is chaired by Dr. Abdelraheem Bibars, Assistant Professor in Dental Technology –Fixed Prosthodontics and Maxillofacial Prosthetics.
The Department has several Community service programs including Dental Health Education Day and Dental Health Education.
The department offers 2 programs:
- BSc in Allied Dental Sciences
- BSc in Dental Technology
Allied Dental Sciences Program:
The program leads to a BSc in dental hygiene and dental surgery assistants. It is designed to prepare the graduate to successfully enter the oral health profession of dental hygiene in any of the recognized roles of the graduates: Clinician, assistant, educator/health promoter, manager, researcher, Advocate.
In addition graduates are prepared to continue their education in graduate or professional programs. It is the only Bachelor's degree program in Jordan and one of the premier programs in the region.
The Curriculum is designed to incorporate advances in technology in the oral health field and is composed of 132 credit hours of academic course work to be completed in four years.
In addition to the traditional courses in dental hygiene, this Bachelor's degree in Allied Dental Sciences provides additional preparation in the provision of periodontal care and an internship in caring for rural health and geriatric populations.
Dental Technology Program:
This 4 year program (132 credit hours) is designed so that upon completion of the program, the student is able to:
- Demonstrate the ability of fabricating and supervising the fabrication of dental appliance in Prosthodontics, orthodontics and Pedodontics and Maxillofacial Prosthesis.
- Conduct studies contributed to the advancement of dental technology.
Incoming freshman students are admitted to the department upon his/her grade point average in Tawjihi. The minimum grade was set at 65% for Dental Technology & 65% for Allied Dental sciences by the council of higher education.
For graduation from the curriculum in the department a student must:
- Have fulfilled the published graduation requirements of the curriculum, with all substitutions formerly approved.
- Have achieved a GAP of at least 60%.
- Have completed the last 2 years in residence in the department as a full-time student.