The objectives of the Department of Natural Resources and Environment include:
- To educate and train students with theoretical knowledge and skills in soil, water and irrigation to produce high-quality graduates with a broad-based education in agriculture, land and water management issues.
- To develop innovative capacity of students for increasing agricultural production with scarce water resources available.
- To prepare for further graduate studies, careers in agricultural, land-water, irrigation and environmental sectors.
- To understand ethical issues and societal responsibility of serving the society and the environment at large.
- To apply knowledge of soil and irrigation sciences coupled with life sciences, to formulate and solve soil, water and irrigation problems that address contemporary issues within a global, societal, and economic context.
- To prepare leaders in agricultural and irrigation sectors to function on multi-disciplinary teams who are able to practice soil-water and irrigation sciences to serve national and regional companies, and government agencies.