About the department
Healthy body, healthy mind. The two are interconnected. To this end, the Jordan University of Science and Technology offers facilities, programs and opportunities for all students. You can continue to nurture a lifelong interest in a particular activity or learn a new one from scratch; play just for fun or indulge your competitive instincts. Through participation in sports, students can pursue personal development, ethical and responsible behavior and can also develop a sense of leadership and strength of character, in addition to, respect of the opponent. By practicing sport and through effective participation, students can grow, learn, enjoy themselves and develop their personal, physical and intellectual skills. They also can form new friendships and develop communication skills and change their life style. They also can keep away from smoking and drugs and improve their health.
Responsibiloites of the department
- Forming university teams in the various sports
- Enhancing social relations among students and with the students of other universities
- Offering proper training for the individuals and university teams.
- Managing Gymnastic facilities in the university
- Encouraging staff members to form their own teams and organize competitions
The Gymnasium: It includes courts for handball, basketball, tennis and volleyball. It also includes several types of gymnastic equipments and rooms for playing and practicing ping-pong, judo, bow and arrow, kick boxing, Karate and taek wando. Lockers and showers are also available for the use of students and staff.
The University Stadium: It includes soccer field, tennis courts, fields and tracks.
This department is always engaged in organizing competitions and tournaments in three levels.
- Inter collegiate Tournaments.
- National Tournaments.
- International Tournaments