A Brief about the Consultative Center for Science and Technology
The Consultative Center for Science and Technology (CCST) was established in 01/09/1996 to invest the university scientific and human capabilities to serve the Jordanian and Arab communities. The center is considered as one of the most important centers that provide services to the community in all fields with the help of the expertise, knowledge and distinctive competencies of faculty members and experts from within and outside the university who are fully aware of and familiar with the community training needs to promote positive competitiveness of various production and service sectors in Jordan and the region.
Also, the CCST at the Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST) is considered as one of the most specialized centers in holding training courses and workshops, and providing and preparing consultancy, feasibility studies and necessary designs in many areas and disciplines of engineering, industrial, medical, health, pharmaceutical, veterinary, agricultural, technical, artistic, banking, administrative, educational and computer and information technology, and others to serve both the public and private sectors inside and outside Jordan in support of national industry.
The CCST consists of two main departments:
§ Department of Continuing Education
Performs the following functions:
1. Organization and marketing of training courses and workshops
2. Preparation, organization and marketing of training diploma programs.
§ Department of Linking with Industry
Performs the following functions:
1. communicate with industry and help in solving its problems.
2. Preparation and organization of agreements relating to the development of the industrial sector.
3. Formation and coordination of specialized technical teams to conduct studies and consultations and supervising the implementation of related agreements.
4. Organizing and following-up conducting technical and laboratory tests at different faculties of the university.
1. Connect the university with the community through the establishment of continuous contact with all institutions and sectors to achieve the effective participation of the university in the process of development in the Kingdom.
2. Support and employment of scientific and human resources of the university to serve the community and find scientific solutions to the problems facing the Jordanian society.
3. Help individuals to gain knowledge and skills and implement them in the development of their institutions and communities.
4. Develop continuing education programs, linking university expertise and knowledge with scientific life of the individual and help him/her in the recruitment of the experience and knowledge gained to increase his/her productivity.
5. Dissemination of concepts and policies of "Total Quality Management" inside and outside the university.
The CCST seeks to achieve its objectives through the provision and organization of the following activities and services:
1. Consultations and scientific studies, designs and specifications in all fields.
2. Examinations and laboratory tests.
3. Conferences, training courses and workshops.
4. Training diploma programs.
5. Linkage with industry and providing technical services.
6. Implementation of technology investments within the financial, technical and human capabilities of the university.
7. Contribution in providing support for training programs
Consulting and Technical Services
The center provides necessary assistance to enable faculty members individually or as a team to participate at the highest level of professionalism to provide professional activities represented as technical advice in various areas of the above fields, in addition to preparing studies and providing consultancies, feasibility studies and required designs, in accordance with agreements concluded with public or private academies, scientific and educational institutions, factories, companies or individuals according to the nature of the consultation.
The CCST with its available expertise and scientific capabilities seeks to qualify specialized cadres in line with the labor market requirements, and inform them of the updates in various fields, by holding several outstanding training workshops and programs, that can be conducted by specialized faculty members in the university along with experienced professionals in many fields and disciplines. The center also is looking forward to building effective partnerships in the field of training and rehabilitation with the training institutional bodies in the public and private sectors at the local, regional and international levels, which will make it a source of knowledge and a gathering of expertise in the region.
Providing the right environment and facilitate the job of faculty members in conducting basic and applied research, as individuals or teams, and supported by the national bodies and institutions supporting scientific research.
The consultative Center has the accreditation by "Jordanian Ministry of Labor" for the program "Professional Supervisor of Health and Occupational Safety".
Cooperation agreements had been signed between the "JUST - CCST" and several private training academies.